Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maritime Aviation 1942-VE-Day

Thanks

Default Re: Maritime Aviation 1942-VE-Day

Well Colin I am sure that this will be a lot of work but I wish you well and I will happily "watch this space" with anticipation!! Coastal is not my main interest but I will happily be the first to place an order for Vol 2. You may know this, but if you are looking for contextual information for the tables, the volumes of the unpublished AHB history "The RAF in the Maritime War" in AIR41 are, in my view, some of the best works in the series.

Best of luck

Steve

Thanks

Hello

Like Alex and Jonny (and others), I'd also prefer the same format (and book size) as CCL1 and BCL/FCL series.

I'm also expecting the following volumes of Coastal Command for years, not my main subject but a "must have" when one studies the R.A.F. seriously. So you have a few customers here for sure !

Joss

Thanks

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Just an update that the Coastal Command Losses will be produced through Air Britain and will possibly run to two volumes.

There is, of course, lots to do before the print press runs but I hope the first book will be available by the middle of 2021. It might be that there is a modest print so if you are interested, please start saving you pocket money or ask your favourite uncle for a copy as a birthday present!!!! The style will be as per Vol 1, with hopefully a few minor ‘tweakes’.

The books remain the intellectual property of Ross McNeil and I shall keep you up to date with progress.

Colin Cummings

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldduffer For This Useful Post:

wwrsimon (19th August 2020)

Thanks

Colin

I have extensively researched all the Short Sunderland losses so may be able to assist if you run into any problems identifying crews etc. I am happy to help if I can.

Chris

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Thanks

Colin,

That’s great news. I’d be happy to assist with Fortress loss details.

Robert