Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DFC Citations Wg Cdr Robert Alfred Milward 37201

Thanks

Default Re: Dfc citations

Hi Alain

Thank you. I can tell you that G/C Jeudwine is mentioned in my father's log book a few times, he seems to have accompanied my father in a number of bombing exercises and competitions in which 619 did rather well.

Michael

Thanks

Default Re: DFC Citations Wg Cdr Robert Alfred Milward 37201

Hi Michael,

I have done a lot of research regarding 30 Sqn's Blenheim years, in fact I was involved with the Blenheim's Over Greece & Crete book with Brian Cull from a 30 Sqn point of view.
    I have checked my records and my Grandfather flew with your father a number of times including a dawn raid on Galato Aerodrome, Rhodes on 25th March 1941.

If you want any information regarding your dads time with 30 just drop me a line.

Regards,
    Simon Lord

Thanks

Hi Simon

Thank you. Yes, I have now got the book by Brian Cull which is full of interesting stuff. I see from my father’s logbook that Sgt Lord is mentioned four times by name, but on most dates, he just enters “2 crew” or “3 crew” and that includes 25th March. One occasion on which your grandfather is mentioned in the logbook is 22 Feb when the Cant 506B was shot down (p79 of the book). Am still going through letters, photos and cine film of the 30 Sqn period, and will contact you if I have queries.

Regards

Michael

Thanks

Hi Michael,

A couple of other books you may be interested in, Flat Out by John Hamlin.....its a history of 30 Sqn and has a photo of your father in it and Air War for Yugoslavia Greece and Crete by Brian Cull (and others) where your father is mentioned numerous times.

I would be very interested in seeing any photos/information you have regarding 30 Sqn if you are happy to share it.

Best regards
    Simon

Thanks

Hi Simon, I now have some stuff to send you , but I will send it by email (to thesaint0102@yahoo.co.uk) as am not sure if this reply can cope with large attachments.

Regards Michael