Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 91 to 100 of 100

Thread: More help required with RCAF personnel who served with 78 Squadron

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,225
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts

    Default Re: More help required with RCAF personnel who served with 78 Squadron

    Hi Daz,

    You've added one digit too many on the J number. The "1" is a forward slash.

    Having said that, no luck on LeSarge's first names. Initials were JW and he came from Kingston, Ontario.

    Regards,

    Dave

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    710
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: More help required with RCAF personnel who served with 78 Squadron

    Dave,
    Many thanks I've edited my original post.

    Thanks again
    Daz

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    268
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts

    Default Re: More help required with RCAF personnel who served with 78 Squadron

    Quote Originally Posted by 78SqnHistory View Post
    A new one which I had some how missed from my database:

    R108596. LESARGE J. AIR GUNNER. ARRIVED 78 SQN CIRCA OCTOBER 1944 WAS COMMISSIONED AS J/93475

    The other gunner in this crew was also commissioned as J/93476
    Daz

    Where did these officer service numbers come from?

    J93476 relates to a Gunnery Branch Officer John Francis WILSON but I thought the second gunner on Lesarges crew was Sgt A Hawkins. I cannot locate J93475 but am reluctant to start really searching if that number is not also not right.

    Cheers

    Chris

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Val. Mezirici, Czech Republic
    Posts
    1,033
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 49 Times in 48 Posts

    Default Re: More help required with RCAF personnel who served with 78 Squadron

    Hi,

    R108596 William Jerome LESARGE (J93753)

    R263341 Alfred Charles HAWKINS (J93754)

    https://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/...danrvjiv629gl2

    Regards

    Mojmir

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    710
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: More help required with RCAF personnel who served with 78 Squadron

    Quote Originally Posted by cozzy711 View Post
    Daz

    Where did these officer service numbers come from?

    J93476 relates to a Gunnery Branch Officer John Francis WILSON but I thought the second gunner on Lesarges crew was Sgt A Hawkins. I cannot locate J93475 but am reluctant to start really searching if that number is not also not right.

    Cheers

    Chris
    Chris,

    The numbers come from the Squadron ORB, clearly they are both wrong as vrjam's post shows. Thanks for trying to help though, much appreciated.

    Regards
    Daz

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    710
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: More help required with RCAF personnel who served with 78 Squadron

    Quote Originally Posted by vrajm View Post
    Hi,

    R108596 William Jerome LESARGE (J93753)

    R263341 Alfred Charles HAWKINS (J93754)

    https://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/...danrvjiv629gl2

    Regards

    Mojmir
    Super, great work. Especially as the numbers I quoted were wrong.

    Many thanks once again

    Daz

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Val. Mezirici, Czech Republic
    Posts
    1,033
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 49 Times in 48 Posts

    Default Re: More help required with RCAF personnel who served with 78 Squadron

    Hi Daz,

    R177713 George Donald MACGREGOR (J93311) navigator

    R189606 Kenneth Robert BURGESS (J93369) pilot

    https://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/...danrvjiv629gl2

    Regards

    Mojmir

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to vrajm For This Useful Post:

    78SqnHistory (20th October 2020)

  9. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    710
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: More help required with RCAF personnel who served with 78 Squadron

    Quote Originally Posted by vrajm View Post
    Hi Daz,

    R177713 George Donald MACGREGOR (J93311) navigator

    R189606 Kenneth Robert BURGESS (J93369) pilot

    https://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/...danrvjiv629gl2

    Regards

    Mojmir
    Many thanks

    Daz

  10. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Val. Mezirici, Czech Republic
    Posts
    1,033
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 49 Times in 48 Posts

    Default Re: More help required with RCAF personnel who served with 78 Squadron

    Hi,

    R60402 George Vaughan JONES (J93993) Air Gunner

    https://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/...danrvjiv629gl2

    Regards

    Mojmir

  11. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    710
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: More help required with RCAF personnel who served with 78 Squadron

    Quote Originally Posted by vrajm View Post
    Hi,

    R60402 George Vaughan JONES (J93993) Air Gunner

    https://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/...danrvjiv629gl2

    Regards

    Mojmir
    Once again, great work.
    Many thanks
    Daz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •