Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Publication 2764 Flight Engineer Notes General

Thanks

Default Re: Air Publication 2764 Flight Engineer Notes General

Unfortunately, it was specifically AP 2764 Flight Engineer's Notes General that was sought by CZ_RAF (his post #7), of which nil copies are currently on offer in print or digitally anywhere as far as I or indeed CZ_RAF, as OP, can see.

Hence the various suggestions to ask DoRIS/RAF Museum London, despite the likely delay there in the pandemic.

As a parallel, the publication ofAP 2095 Pilot's Notes General in 1941 and 1943, issued as a companion to those for individual aircraft types, "made it possible to shorten the latter considerably" by covering in detail the whys and wherefores: of general flying; on the reasoning & purpose of limitations on engines and propellers; on the general handling of engine and prop emergencies; as well as specific accessories/instruments. I'm fortunate to have an original 1943 copy.

The numerous individual Pilot's & Flight Engineer's Notes thus came to give type-specific procedures and limits, in quite summary form.
    Of these I have had a number, facsimile and/or digital, the later issues being very different from earlier issues even as late as the April 1939 AP 1530A Pilot's Notes Blenheim I Aeroplane...

I've not come across AP 2764 Flight Engineer's Notes General over the years in print or digitally (though with interest firmly focussed on one Squadron's all twin-engine, 3-man or 2-man crew air war, perhaps that's not surprising even over 20+ years). If it was issued (my #8 above) it would be most interesting to see just how much it differed from the type-specific P&FE Notes, which are after all readily available, just not the topic at hand/issue wanted.
    Last edited by Don Clark; 19th September 2020 at 09:46. Reason: added ref to posts #7 and #8
    Toujours propos

Thanks

I would suggest there is critical sentence in Jim's post #10 "Flight Engineers should also have a copy of A.P. 2764 when issued." It might be the case that at one time there was a plan to issue Flight Engineers Notes General but priority was given to type specific notes and in the end the plan for AP2764 was overtaken by events... it often happens in bureaucratic systems...

Steve

Thanks

Well, yes..as CZ_RAF mentioned at his #7 , when indicating his preference for AP2764, and in my #8 raising just that query as to "when issued" vs if ever issued.
    Are we (in all good humour) starting to go round in circles here?
    Last edited by Don Clark; 19th September 2020 at 21:10.
    Toujours propos