Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Publication 2764 Flight Engineer Notes General

Thanks

Default Air Publication 2764 Flight Engineer Notes General

Hi all,

I would like to ask if anybody has a copy Air Publication 2764 Flight Engineer Notes General or can advice me where it can be found?

TIA

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

Default Re: Air Publication 2764 Flight Engineer Notes General

It might be worth checking eBay in various countries as I have many Air Publications for sale, most of no interest to me and usually at reasonable "But it now" prices of at low starting prices for bidding. I have usually paid around 25 or less for any I have bought. I tend to ignore those that are quoted as "Rare" or stuffed with inaccurate keywords like "Dambuster", "Battle of Britain", "Spitfire" etc as these are usually grossly inflated prices over 200.

Thanks

Thx for an advice - I have tried but no luck at the moment.

Pavel

Thanks

Pavel have you tried the RAFM? I know you might have a long wait for an answer at the moment.

In AIR 10 at Kew they have got Flight Engineer Notes for various Marks of specific types: Catalina, Halifax, Lancaster, Liberator, Lincoln, Stirling, Sunderland, York. But as you may have found they do not have Flight Engineer Notes "General". For some reason which I have never had explained you can't search in AIR 10 using the AP number.

Steve

Thanks

Thanks Steve, not yet but I will try for sure.
    Pavel

Thanks

Not sure what the 2764 is but, is it the 'Flight Engineers notes for Lancaster aircraft by AV Roe - Manchester 1943' ? If it is, there a copy at the British Library.
    Andrew

Thanks

Andrew according to my knowledge Air Publication 2764 Flight Engineer Notes General should be general notes for F/Es without dependency on any particular aircraft type...

In the Lanc pilot's notes is stated: "Flight Angineers should also have a copy of AP 2764 when issued."

Pavel

Thanks

I suggest that rather than eBay it might be more useful to keep an eye on www.bookfinder.com, which is very good at pulling together results from "every major catalogue on line" which in my experience is pretty right.

At present search on either Air Publication 2764 or AP 2764 produces nil result, while Flight Engineer Notes as expected finds hosts of the usual aircraft-specific Pilot & Flight Engineers Notes
    The search engine is good enough, using the Title field, to find spelling/punctuation variants without dross, so search on Flight Engineers Notes General may eventually find a hit: none at present.

In TNA Discovery, results are very dependent on search style, so to avoid dross, exact phrase is required.
    "Flight Engineer Notes" found 10 examples of the aircraft-specific Notes, while, quite oddly I thought, "Flight Engineers Notes" found one additional set.
    No amount of variant search on AP No. 2764 or Air Publication 2764 got a hit.

The two hits at the British Library were again the aircraft type issues.
    Just two hits (again, the aircraft notes) in RAF Museum Discovery cat (which seems to search only selective records)
    Nil result in Australian resources.
    Nil result in the Hathi Trust Digital Library, nil result University of Texas Texas Scholar Works repository.

Seems the best hope is either enquiry to DoRIS RAF Museum, or keep an eye on Bookfinder for a copy.
    Interesting there seems to be no mention of this AP Title & ref no in the National Archive or anywhere else: does "when issued" imply that, in the event, it was not needed/not issued in the end?
    Last edited by Don Clark; 16th September 2020 at 21:14.
    Toujours propos

Thanks

Don thank you very much for your effort and advice.

pavel

Thanks

I have a good quality PDF of Air Publication 2062A, Lancaster I, III and X Pilot's and Flight Engineer's Notes, if desired. This publication states: "These notes are complimentary to A.P. 2095 Pilot's Notes General and assume a thorough knowledge of its contents. All Pilots should be in possession of a copy of A.P. 2095 (See A.M.O. 93/43). Flight Engineers should also have a copy of A.P. 2764 when issued."

Abebooks has "PILOT'S AND FLIGHT ENGINEER'S NOTES YORK C.I (CI) FOUR MERLIN 24 ENGINES" for sale: https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Boo...%26sortby%3D17

Jim
    Last edited by JDCAVE; 19th September 2020 at 03:52.