Thread: 581180 Sgt Ronald Yarwood Higginson served 50 Squadron RAF in 1940

Thanks

Default 581180 Sgt Ronald Yarwood Higginson served 50 Squadron RAF in 1940

My name is David Bardega son of Sgt/Obs Bernard Bardega who served in 50 Squadron RAF - I am writing a tribute to my father, to include fellow crew members, and am anxious to contact families of fellow crew members who served at the same time. I have researched the official records and note that Sgt Ronald Higginson is listed on same Hampden Bomber crew from June 1940. I would be very pleased to hear from any contact/ family member who might like to get in touch.

Thanks

Default Re: 581180 Sgt Ronald Yarwood Higginson served 50 Squadron RAF in 1940

David,

Higginson married Margaret Bagot at North Kesteven, Lincs in the June 1943 Qtr.

Daughter Jean M. Higginson was born Heywood, Lancs in the December 1943 Qtr.

Jean married John H. Wood at Heywood in the September 1964 Qtr. No children apparent.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks

Default Re: 581180 Sgt Ronald Yarwood Higginson served 50 Squadron RAF in 1940

Dave,
    Many thanks - I did come across a tribute written by Debra Woods who is a grand daughter of Ronald Higginson - I am hoping to make contact with Debra Woods/ family. I believe, also, that Hugh Bland(nephew of Sgt Joseph Bland) had done some work investigating the circumstances of what exactly happened to the crew/ aircraft on their last mission. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks and take care,
    David