Thread: 163 Squadron RAF - raid on Berlin March 13th 1945

Thanks

Default 163 Squadron RAF - raid on Berlin March 13th 1945

After a lot of research, I have found interesting facts about a Mosquito raid with 163 sqn RAF March 13th 1945 on Berlin.
    One of the aircraft KB476 taking part of the raid barely made it back on the proverbial wing and a prayer.
    What they also did and probably never knew was giving Joseph Goebbels a bloody nose that night.

I have made a video about this story and published it on my youtube channel: The Wooden Wonder Berlin 1945

There is also a follow up the Pilot of KB476 and his career: The file of an RAAF Pilot

I have tried to find more info on the Canadian navigator James Edwin Wynes J/44954, for a follow up on him - no luck so far..

I would really like if the relatives to these brave airmen could see these videos..

Thanks

Default Re: 163 Squadron RAF - raid on Berlin March 13th 1945

Quote Originally Posted by HReccon58 View Post
    After a lot of research, I have found interesting facts about a Mosquito raid with 163 sqn RAF March 13th 1945 on Berlin.
    One of the aircraft KB476 taking part of the raid barely made it back on the proverbial wing and a prayer.
    What they also did and probably never knew was giving Joseph Goebbels a bloody nose that night.

I have made a video about this story and published it on my youtube channel: The Wooden Wonder Berlin 1945

There is also a follow up the Pilot of KB476 and his career: The file of an RAAF Pilot

I have tried to find more info on the Canadian navigator James Edwin Wynes J/44954, for a follow up on him - no luck so far..

I would really like if the relatives to these brave airmen could see these videos..
    I am the son of Canadian navigator James Edwin Wynes J/44954. I saw your video and can provide you with some supplemental information and a picture or two.... Frank Wynes ( fwynes@mymts.net )

Thanks

Default Re: 163 Squadron RAF - raid on Berlin March 13th 1945

Raid on Berlin March 13 1945
    I am the son of Canadian navigator James Edwin Wynes J/44954. He was the navigator in Mosquito KB476 (piloted by William Edward Harris RAAF) that was hit by flak during the Raid on Berlin March 13 1945 and crashlanded in Belgium.
    Contact me. I may have further info and possibly photos for you.
    Last edited by Frank1948; 17th November 2020 at 20:07.