Thread: HAGUE 31 May 1940

Thanks

Default HAGUE 31 May 1940

Can anyone assist with assessing an Air Ministry photo taken in daylight of Hague Port on the 31 May 1940. The rear of the image indicated RAF Bircham Newton but is dated Feb 1941, anyone able to take an educated guess for any likely Squadron please. It is a slim lead and not much at that but the knowledge on the forum is such that it might just turn up trumps.

Thanks

Hi Colin,

It concerned Hudson NR-R of 220 Squadron, piloted by F/O C. T. Dacombe. I do have some photos from that same sortie.

Kind regards,
    Hans

Thanks

Hans.

Thank you for that valuable information, I can now look further as my hope is that I can connect a Sergeant Waterworth to the Squadron or sortie that took this particular photograph.
    If by chance you could add anything to assist please feel free to speculate for me.

Best wishes Colin.

Thanks

Hi Colin,

I cannot find a Sgt Waterworth in the Operations Record Book at or around 31th May 1940. Perhaps he belonged to the ground staff?

Regards,
    Hans

Thanks

Thank you for checking you may well be correct these were interesting photographs.

Thanks

Default Re: HAGUE 31 May 1940

Hi Hans. Flying Officer Charles Thomas Dacombe was my uncle. I don't have any photo's of him - if you have any photo's or further info, I would very much appreciate having a copy. Unfortunately he was killed in a training accident in July 1941.
    Much obliged. John Dacombe.