Thread: 99 Sqdn ORB Barron crew lost 12 June 1941

Thanks

Default 99 Sqdn ORB Barron crew lost 12 June 1941

Looking for the 99 Sqdn ORB especially for the Barron crew shotdown 11/12 June 1941 over Holland. Would like to know their usual (Wellington)aircraft number which was on minor repair that evening so they allocated a second machine which was P9281. Also I would like to know the take off time from Waterbeach. Does also some one know their target objective at Dusseldorf???

Many Thanks,
    Adrian

Thanks

Default Re: 99 Sqdn ORB Barron crew lost 12 June 1941

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    Looking for the 99 Sqdn ORB especially for the Barron crew shotdown 11/12 June 1941 over Holland. Would like to know their usual (Wellington)aircraft number which was on minor repair that evening so they allocated a second machine which was P9281. Also I would like to know the take off time from Waterbeach. Does also some one know their target objective at Dusseldorf???

Many Thanks,
    Adrian
    ORB no needed only I would like to know the targets at Dusseldorf or maybe a night raid report???

Best,
    Adrian

Thanks

Default Re: 99 Sqdn ORB Barron crew lost 12 June 1941

Hi Adrian,

According to Middlebrooks Bomber Command War Diaries targets that night were Dusseldorf attacked by 92 Wellingtons, 6 Stirlings. 6 Wellingtons were lost. Duisburg attacked by 36 Whitleys, 35 Hampdens, 9 Halifaxes. 1 Whitley lost. Boulogne attacked by 14 Wellingtons and 5 Whitleys one Wellington & 1 Whitley lost. 1 Wellington to Rotterdam, 20 Hampdens minelaying in Kiel Bay and Frisians 12 OTU sorties. 1 Hampden lost.

Cheers,

John.