Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950 LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 495

Thread: The Unaccounted Project - Final Stretch Updates by Jon Heyworth

  1. #481
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,950
    Thanks
    207
    Thanked 254 Times in 234 Posts

    Default Re: The Unaccounted Project - Final Stretch Updates by Jon Heyworth

    Patrick Francis McDermott 129059 , attached to 28 OTU , was fatally burned in a flying accident when Wellington X9941 crashed at 19:30 Hours on 28 November at Horton , .Leicestershire.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to jonheyworth For This Useful Post:

    paulmcmillan (24th June 2022)

  3. #482
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,950
    Thanks
    207
    Thanked 254 Times in 234 Posts

    Default Re: The Unaccounted Project - Final Stretch Updates by Jon Heyworth

    Derek Norman West 1605842 , was admitted dangerously ill to Scarborough EMS hospital on 7 December, where he died of leukaemia

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to jonheyworth For This Useful Post:

    malcolm_raf (25th June 2022)

  5. #483
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hornsea, East Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,291
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 182 Times in 174 Posts

    Default Re: The Unaccounted Project - Final Stretch Updates by Jon Heyworth

    Hi Jon

    "Stanley Albert Crouch-Baker 1613603 , attached to 5016 AC Squadron , was transferred from RAF Hospital, West Kirby, to the Soutgern Hospital, Dartford on 6 June. He became dangerously ill on 3 July , and whilst awaiting medical discharge from the RAF , died from gastritis"

    Can you recheck this one - CWGC has his death as 8 May (before these events) and I have him dying in Doncaster Royal Infirmary, cause unknown, having been admitted on 24 April? He was attached to No 18 OTU attached from No 5016 AC Sqn.

    Malcolm

  6. #484
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,612
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 344 Times in 322 Posts

    Default Re: The Unaccounted Project - Final Stretch Updates by Jon Heyworth

    Death Registration

    Deaths Jun 1944

    Crouch-Baker Stanley 21 Doncaster 9c 707

  7. #485
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hornsea, East Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,291
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 182 Times in 174 Posts

    Default Re: The Unaccounted Project - Final Stretch Updates by Jon Heyworth

    Hi Jon

    Another query?

    "George Henry Dalton 329588 , attached to RAF Elsham Wolds, was admitted to Scunthorpe Memorial Hospital then Transferred to Stapleford Park Convalescent home at Melton Mowbray, on 12 Januay , where he died from cardiac failure due to a combination of chronic bronchitis, emphysema and local pneumonia"

    His s/n was 343527 and his death his registered in Scunthorpe, not Melton Mowbrey?

    Malcolm

  8. #486
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hornsea, East Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,291
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 182 Times in 174 Posts

    Default Re: The Unaccounted Project - Final Stretch Updates by Jon Heyworth

    Hi Jon

    And another

    " Ronald Frank Hoyle 1252409 , a medically discharged Airman at the time of his death, had first been admitted seriously ill to the 100th US General Hospital in Bristol on 17 May 1944 suffering from pulmonary tuberculosis of which he died"

    His death is registered in Maidstone?

    Malcolm

  9. #487
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,950
    Thanks
    207
    Thanked 254 Times in 234 Posts

    Default Re: The Unaccounted Project - Final Stretch Updates by Jon Heyworth

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm_raf View Post
    Hi Jon

    And another

    " Ronald Frank Hoyle 1252409 , a medically discharged Airman at the time of his death, had first been admitted seriously ill to the 100th US General Hospital in Bristol on 17 May 1944 suffering from pulmonary tuberculosis of which he died"

    His death is registered in Maidstone?

    Malcolm
    No mention of him post discharge so I suspect he ended up in the sanatorium near Maidstone like numerous other poor lads and lasses with TB. All it gave was his FIRST hospital admission details
    Last edited by jonheyworth; 25th June 2022 at 10:17.

  10. #488
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,950
    Thanks
    207
    Thanked 254 Times in 234 Posts

    Default Re: The Unaccounted Project - Final Stretch Updates by Jon Heyworth

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm_raf View Post
    Hi Jon

    Another query?

    "George Henry Dalton 329588 , attached to RAF Elsham Wolds, was admitted to Scunthorpe Memorial Hospital then Transferred to Stapleford Park Convalescent home at Melton Mowbray, on 12 Januay , where he died from cardiac failure due to a combination of chronic bronchitis, emphysema and local pneumonia"

    His s/n was 343527 and his death his registered in Scunthorpe, not Melton Mowbrey?

    Malcolm
    Hi Malcolm , got the serial number wrong , read down . The rest is as per his record though . It says Scunthorpe 13/2/44 , Stapleford park 12/1/44 , died 17/2/44 the COD ,so they got the details the wrong way around

  11. #489
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,950
    Thanks
    207
    Thanked 254 Times in 234 Posts

    Default Re: The Unaccounted Project - Final Stretch Updates by Jon Heyworth

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm_raf View Post
    Hi Jon

    "Stanley Albert Crouch-Baker 1613603 , attached to 5016 AC Squadron , was transferred from RAF Hospital, West Kirby, to the Soutgern Hospital, Dartford on 6 June. He became dangerously ill on 3 July , and whilst awaiting medical discharge from the RAF , died from gastritis"

    Can you recheck this one - CWGC has his death as 8 May (before these events) and I have him dying in Doncaster Royal Infirmary, cause unknown, having been admitted on 24 April? He was attached to No 18 OTU attached from No 5016 AC Sqn.

    Malcolm
    Well spotted , thanks again boys for double checking this SHOULD HAVE BEEN :

    Stanley Albert Crouch-Baker 1623603. Dangerously ill on 24 April and admitted to Doncaster Royal Infirmary , died on 8 May of acute Metritis

    I put the entry for Banks 224842 in his place and missed Banks out . This set of hasty notes wasn’t the best laid out when I scribbled them down when I had chance ages ago
    Last edited by jonheyworth; 25th June 2022 at 10:34.

  12. #490
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,950
    Thanks
    207
    Thanked 254 Times in 234 Posts

    Default Re: The Unaccounted Project - Final Stretch Updates by Jon Heyworth

    William George Banks 224842 , attached to 30 MU , was transferred from RAF hospital West Kirby to the Southern Hospital Dartford on 4 June. He became seriously ill on 8 July and died whilst awaiting medical discharge of gastritis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •