Thread: Looking for relatives of P/O Christain Stuart WARMING

Thanks

Default Looking for relatives of P/O Christain Stuart WARMING

In the night of 9/10 June 1944 a Mosquito-nightfighter of 219 Squadron crashed due to unknown circumstances in the North Sea. Both the pilot F/O Hildebrand Gerrit Holtrop (Dutch) and the radar operator P/O Christian Stuart WARMING, RAFVR, 179198, son of Sophus and Fanny Heath Warming of Reigate in Surrey were killed in this crash. Their bodies were recovered seventeen days later in the Colne Estuary. Are there any surviving relatives of Warming?

Any help is welcome!

Best regards,

Erwin van Loo

Thanks

Default Warming relatives

Erwin

I couldn't find warming in www.bt.com directory in Reigate or Surrey but as the father's name & surname are unusual it might be worth trying a search notice in Reigate newspapers.
    Put in Reigate newspapers OR Surrey newspapers in Google & look for a reporter's name to email or ring or a "lost touch" section .I think it's best to ring the newspaper as sometimes emails aren't answered .I've also done local radio broadcasts when looking for crew relatives.
    A long shot but you could also ask Holtrop's relatives [if alive] if they ever had contact with Warming's family ? Sometimes crew families wrote to each other .

[I'm away for a week]

Anne

Thanks

Hi Erwin,

Christain, are you sure? CWGC says Christian.

Edited: forget it. Is typo in title only. RPh.

No Warming contact data via Holtrop's son.

Crash site is unknown, assumed to be North Sea. Considering the fact that both bodies washed ashore within hours, after 17 days, the crash site may have been quite close to the Colne estuary, in fact quite close to their base, Bradwell Bay.

Regards,

Rob
    Last edited by Rob Philips; 12th September 2008 at 20:17.

Thanks

Default Warming

Hi,

Try the Surrey Advertiser.
    Also, it'snot a bad idea to try some of the genealogy sites. Rootschat might be the best one (there is a board for Surrey and an Armed Forces board), you may find someone who is near Surrey History Centre and is able to look in the newspaper archives for that period. Unfortunately, although I could do with going there myself I can't find the time this month. However, if you have no joy try me and I'll see if I can get there after that time.

Regards,

Ann