Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ancestry.co.uk - UK, World War II Index to Allied Airmen Roll of Honour, 1939-1945

Thanks

Default Re: Ancestry.co.uk - UK, World War II Index to Allied Airmen Roll of Honour, 1939-194

I can’t find Stanley Everett Perkins can someone provide his service number or a link to the reference on this site ? Thanks Paul

Thanks

Default Re: Ancestry.co.uk - UK, World War II Index to Allied Airmen Roll of Honour, 1939-194

Paul

Sorry, my typo in the first post - it's Parkins, not Perkins, S/No. 966977. He was posted by Alex yesterday in his updates:

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/sho...men-29-06-1940

And thanks for all the replies. Sounds like it may a useful set, but not infallible. Hopefully the actual records will be up on Ancestry soon.

Regards

Simon
    Researching R.A.F. personnel from the North East of England

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wwrsimon For This Useful Post:

paulmcmillan (28th August 2021)

Thanks

I knew a typo there!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonheyworth View Post
    If you can collate and add 100 RAF airmen a month , with around 5000 to do , thatís still 4.5 years !
    But does it matter if it takes 4.5 years? It's been 75+ years since the end of the war, so another 5 years won't make much difference.
    What does make a difference is that you are prepared to keep plugging away.
    We all have our own interests. As you may have noticed, mine is the aircraft, not so much the people. If I can correct another 1000 errors before I disappear, then at least I will have helped future researchers. This site is brilliant in that it is easy to find what has been written about a particular person or aircraft before. Long may it continue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Marden View Post
    But does it matter if it takes 4.5 years? It's been 75+ years since the end of the war, so another 5 years won't make much difference.
    What does make a difference is that you are prepared to keep plugging away.
    We all have our own interests. As you may have noticed, mine is the aircraft, not so much the people. If I can correct another 1000 errors before I disappear, then at least I will have helped future researchers. This site is brilliant in that it is easy to find what has been written about a particular person or aircraft before. Long may it continue.
    Sorry , maybe worded badly . What I meant was that if we were going to publish this a la the Hobson things . It would take at least 4.5 years to get to 98 percent without a huge cash injection . And it would still never be complete . Ergo you have to publish at some point even if a goodly percentage just says : died ď

Thanks

This list appears to have been removed from Ancestry?

Chris

Thanks

Perhaps we could get a link to ancestry and they could pay us per hit and we could spend it on death certificates !

Thanks

I saw it had gone yesterday. Presumably they're doing something so it actually works...

Simon
    Researching R.A.F. personnel from the North East of England