Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAF Aircraft Loss Cards WW2

Thanks

Default Re: RAF Aircraft Loss Cards WW2

Ross,

thank you for that very revealing and informative account of the card system. From reading the above it seems you were able to physically sort through them. Am I correct in this assumption and was it at the AHB ? Finally did you come across many for Coastal Command, or just a sprinkling as I referred to above.

Regards,

Martin.

Thanks

Hi Martin,

Same access as you for this series, only seen what has been posted on lancasterbombers.net.

My interest was caught in 2016 when I saw a hollorith type card being used for the Sept 39 first BC raids and knew that that card type was a much later use date by the RAF Registry.

I can reason the inclusion of the AASF Battles as overspill eg asking a clerk to record all 12 Squadron losses but not being clear on the dates to be included. The 233 and 269 Hudsons seem to have no valid reason for inclusion as is the Army Coop Lysander. Post 1940 the losses selected seem to settle to BC only.

Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015 to 2021 - All rights reserved.

Thanks

Thanks Ross,

You have thoroughly sorted the history and extent of these cards. For a time I even had a faint hope there might be a trove of cards for overseas losses. This foolishness was based on seeing one card for a 45 Squadron Blenheim lost in North Africa during June 1940 in the 1940 'Misc' section ! Hats off to the boys at the 'Lancasterbombers.net' website for putting them online as they are a unique resource.

Regards,

Martin.