Thread: Now you can apply online for RAF Records with Credit/Debit Cards from Disclosures

Thanks

Default Now you can apply online for RAF Records with Credit/Debit Cards from Disclosures

Wow - quite an advance to compliment the old postal method.

https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military...-elses-records

Same rules as before for 25 years from date of death it's just the application route that has changed.

Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015 to 2021 - All rights reserved.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ross_McNeill For This Useful Post:

CZ_RAF (19th October 2021),Jagan (17th October 2021),RecklessRat (29th October 2021)

Thanks

Default Re: Now you can apply online for RAF Records with Credit/Debit Cards from Disclosures

thats great.. to the point even think my dad will be able to do lol.. hes not too good with the internet

Thanks

Default Re: Now you can apply online for RAF Records with Credit/Debit Cards from Disclosures

Been testing the new online service for 3 records of RAF Officer and OR that died in service.

No certificate needed, ability to upload copy of death certificate or other documents applicant feels helpful, but new question asking for at least year of birth - full DoB better. Tried one with just year and two with full DoB.

Got email today 30th Nov with second RAF service record from batch applied for 2nd week of month.

"Applied on line 8th Nov 2021

The two with full dob email acknowledged and given ref number 9th Nov 2021
    One with just year for dob email acknowledged and given ref number 12th Nov 2021

Email advised estimated time to complete 6 weeks and asked if email or post service required. I asked for email for all

Service record for one with just year of birth returned today 25th Nov 2021 as password protected pdf."

Second service record for one with full DoB returned today 30th Nov 2021 as password protected pdf

You reply to email to acknowledge receipt of record then about a day later disclosures email password to unlock pdf.

one more to go.

Ross
    Last edited by Ross_McNeill; 30th November 2021 at 11:38.
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ross_McNeill For This Useful Post:

CZ_RAF (30th November 2021),paulmcmillan (30th November 2021)

Thanks

Ross

Out if interest what dates roughly did these RAF officers and airman die - pre ww2 ? ww2 ? or post ww2? thanks

Paul

Thanks

All WWII

Sgt O W Woodhead 1165031 10/12/42 - waiting for this one - he was ground staff

F/Sgt E G Reddish 1577266 28/5/44 Form 543A started Oct 41

F/L P K Twiss 47274 28/5/44 Form 1406 started Dec 41

For Reddish and Twiss the new norm seem to be Nok and marriage details redacted along other areas of record - posting remain but for Reddish more was redacted civil occupation home address, religion parts of miscellaneous, all of mustering, trade and proficiency.

Too small a selection of records to get a flavour of the new Data Protection Act redaction policy but will see when record for Woodhead arrives.

Think that the NoK and marriage redaction is partly due to the recent cases I've heard where living relatives are being contacted by chancers with either speculative crash site/memorial projects or in one case seeking service logs and medals. Secondly disclosures have death details for subject as conditions of application but not for others so blanket redaction unless expressly known may be the policy. However the mustering/trade/ proficiency reason escapes me at the moment.

Ross
    Last edited by Ross_McNeill; 30th November 2021 at 14:36.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross_McNeill For This Useful Post:

paulmcmillan (30th November 2021)

Thanks

Just had a great piece of proactive customer support from Disclosures at Cranwell on the musterings situation I posted above on Reddish Form 543A.

They telephoned to say that in creating the scan/redactions for Woodhead, they had noticed I had not requested release of the musterings as well and would I like to apply for it.

The new publication scheme does not list Mustering as an automatic section of record to be returned - only postings.

As part of the new publication system if the Subject Access Request SAR is for personnel that are proven deceased rather than presumed deceased (116 years) a request can be made to have musterings considered under Legitimate Interest Test/Necessity Test and Balance. As long as there are no sensitive mustering info on the record - this section will be left un-redacted.

Details of third party info eg marriage/nok and any criminal details/medical/religious will still be redacted as per the publication scheme.

Advice is to add a "request for Mustering information" into the more detail box on online applications or as a text addition to postal application forms - that way it can be considered as soon as trhe record is being processed rather than redacted - sent out - then retrieved again for examination and reprocessing as a result of a request for internal review.

Posted on this thread to keep you in the loop but think that it warrants a sticky of it's own so I'll get some examples and post a separate in the next few days.

Ross
    Last edited by Ross_McNeill; 1st December 2021 at 16:42.

Thanks

I really am liking the processes and delivery method of the online application scheme.

At the bottom of the email I had with the record containing the redacted Musterings and Trade section for Reddish was the following
    "If you are not satisfied with this response or you wish to complain about any aspect of the handling of your request, then you should contact me in the first instance. If informal resolution is not possible and you are still dissatisfied then you may apply for an independent internal review by contacting the MOD Information Rights Compliance Team, ...(postal address and email supplied - Ross)"

I sent an email this morning simply asking for an informal review of the Musterings and Trade section and had a answer by 2pm saying that an informal review had taken place and in this instance it had been decided that the information could be released - a password protected email was attached with the section in clear.

Ross

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross_McNeill For This Useful Post:

Resmoroh (2nd December 2021)

Thanks

Woodhead record c/w unredacted Musterings, Trade, Rank, date and character. delivered by email at close of play today.

So applied online 8th Nov - estimated time to deliver by Disclosures on application 6 weeks - all three actually delivered in a fraction over 3 weeks.

Ross