Thread: S/L John Frederick BOOTH, RAF, 102121

Thanks

Default S/L John Frederick BOOTH, RAF, 102121

Hi Everyone,
    Im writing to ask if anyone could give me some additional information about a S/L John Frederick BOOTH, 102121 biographical and/or service history?

He started the war flying the Blenheim IV for 21 Squadron RAF in England, in Oct. 1941 as a P/O two sorties in Oct. and two sorties in Nov. 1941.

At the end of 1941, the Squadron was posted to Malta where he flew nine sorties. He was promoted to Acting F/L there on 30 Jan. 1942. His crew was P/O De Malmanche (Observer) and Sgt. Andrew(s), WO/AG.

F/L Booth and crew survived their posting to Malta, flying on to Egypt with the remnants of 21 Sqdn. in late February 1942. However, its here that I lose track of him.

He may have finished the war as an Acting S/L.

Regards,

Thanks

Default Re: S/L John Frederick BOOTH, RAF, 102121

According to the London Gazette he was awarded an m.i.d. as an A/SL with effect from 1 Jan 45. Regards, Terry

Thanks

Thanks Terry. Do you know what squadron that was with and/or what was said in despatches about him?

Regards,

Thanks

No there is no explanation, not even the command he was serving in at the time of the award. Regards, Terry