Thread: C. Pesme RCAF

Thanks

Default C. Pesme RCAF

In looking through some WW 2 photos, I notice a picture(identity inscribed on back) of this officer......C. Pesme, a bomb aimer.
    He was killed sometime in the summer 44. The picture is from a summertime setting, so possibly taken a little time before his death. However, there is an OTU connection,which would be a year before.
    Would anyone have info on this officers service,or on circumstances of his death?
    Thanks.......Ari

Thanks

From "They Shall Grow Not Old"
    Pesme, Cecil Percy J21539 From Toronto, Ontario.
    Killed in action Aug.14/44, age 22.No.617 Dambusters Squadron (Apres Moi Le Deluge). Lancaster aircraft# LM 485 suffered enemy flak damage to fuselage and elevator trim cable was shot away during a daylight raid over Brest, France. Flying Officer Bomb Aimer Pesme was killed by flak and was the only casualty. Flying Officer Bomb Aimer Pesme is buried in the Stonefall Cemetery, Wetherby Road, Harrowgate, Yorkshire, England.
    Dave Wallace

Thanks

The 617 Squadron Operational Record Book is available online & has the details on that operation and about a dozen others for him. It also has details on his funeral. You can find it here: http://www.dambusters.org.uk/docs/recordbook.pdf.
    There is a picture of his grave here: http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/remembers/sub.cfm?source=collections/virtualmem/photos&casualty=2624014
    Dave Wallace
    Last edited by David Wallace; 23rd September 2008 at 13:01. Reason: adding grave reference

Thanks

David:
    Thanks for info. I was a little off in my search. I will send a PM.
    Ari