Thread: War Graves Photographic Project

Thanks

Default War Graves Photographic Project

The War Graves Photographic Project is attempting to build a collection of war graves photographs. It is a useful research tool should anyone be seeking a photograph of a particular grave, although there is abviously considerable work to be undertaken before it is complete. The Projects website is easy to use and can be found at http://www.twgpp.org/.

Brian
    (It would also welcome photographs.)

Thanks

In the two months since I posted this topic the catalogue of photos gathered by this team has increased considerably - worth looking at by anyone unable to visit a burial site.

Brian

Thanks

Missed your original post but grateful for your update.
    Have got a picture of a grave in India of one of our village casualties which I was wondering how I could get a copy of it.
    I believe there is a similar Canadian project being run from a shop in Ieper in Belgium.
    Suppose I shall have to up-load my photos for other's benefit as a reciprocal gesture.
    Thanks for the info.
    Stewart

Thanks

hello,

What you refer to must the "Maple Leaf Legacy" project, to which I contributed many years ago. If you google you should find it quite easily.

As the name suggest, the "wanted" grave pictures were of Canadians and Newfoundland servicemen, all services, both world wards.

The project then expanded to Australia, New-Zealand and South Africa, these being the countries with the most demands, and the longest trip to come to Europe. Mainly the graves / cemeteries sought after were from the first world war.

We were requested to take a close-up picture of the grave(s), of the row or plot, according to the possibilities, and one of the entrance of the cemetery.

Joss