Thread: WO Albert Edward Langley based in Brighton during WW2

Thanks

Default WO Albert Edward Langley based in Brighton during WW2

Hello, I am new here, and new to RAF records, and hope someone can help of point me in the correct direction.<br>
    I am trying to track down details of my grand uncles WW2 activity for his son, and for my family tree.<br>
    His family do not have his flight log unfortuantely, and I suspect if the RAF had a copy, it was lost as part of their purge to save space.<br>
    What I know - he was a warrant officer based in Brighton, I have a photo of him with his unit, but nothing clear in the photo to identify the unit.<br>
    His service and release book shows service number 656563, Class of Release A, and Age and Service Group No. 25 (not sure what this signifies yet).<br>
    From his son , he was a Gunner in Avro Anson, Gunner in Boulton Paul Defiant, rear Gunner in Wellingtons and Gunner in Lancaster. <br>
    He also taught flying as well, not sure in what.<br>
    I have been trying to find him in flight logs in the national Archives, but these reference flights from specific airfields.<br>
    Whilst I know he was based in Brighton, what I want to try to find out is which airfields he would have actually flown from.<br>
    I am presuming not every airfield was capable of use by Wellingtons and Lancasters, or am in wrong?<br>
    All help greatfully received.<br>

Thanks

Default Re: WO Albert Edward Langley based in Brighton during WW2

Hi John and welcome to the forum.
    A look at the photo may or may not give any clues.
    If you have the use of a photo hosting service such as Flickr or Imgur you can copy/paste the BB Code directly to the thread posts.

rgds baz

Thanks

Default Re: WO Albert Edward Langley based in Brighton during WW2

Thanks Baz. I was trying to work out last night what to do with pictures/photos.
    I see what works best for me.