Thread: RCAF Sgt Lloyd Armour d. 16 April 1942

Ruth Guest

Default RCAF Sgt Lloyd Armour d. 16 April 1942

I wonder if anyone could give me some pointers on where to look for more information on Lloyd Livingstone Armour's death.

His British Columbian death certificate states the he died on 16th April 1942 - killed during flying operations.

The CWGC site shows him as RCAF Sergeant(Pilot) Service # R/101320. His grave/memorial reference is Section B Jeanfield Division. Joint grave 853.

His obituary says that he was killed while on active service in Kirimuir, Forfarshire, Scotland, and that at the time of his death was taking a special instructor's course. He had been in Scotland two months before his death.

I have tried looking for him on www.lostbombers.co.uk, but couldn't find him there. I searched 10th to 20th April 1942.

To get his service records from Ottawa will take six months.

I would like to be able to expand on his death when we remember him on the 11th November.

Thank you in advance for any advice or help,

Ruth

Thanks

From "They Shall Grown Not Old"
    Armour, Lloyd Livingston Sgt(P) R101320 - From Chapman's Camp, British Columbia. Killed Apr.16/42 Age 21. No.11 Elementary Flying Training School, Perth Scotland. Sgts. Armour and J.R. Derzonca were both killed when Miles Master aircraft # R1921 crashed near Pirriemuir, Scotland. Sergeant Pilot Armour is buried in Wellshill Cemetery, Perth Scotland.
    Regards
    Dave Wallace

Ruth Guest

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for the information. We shall remember both Lloyd and J.R. Derzonca this year.

Ruth