From Flight magazine archives

KOAS P/O (Pilot/Instr.) Arthur W. AMOS - 61311;
    KOAS P/O (Pilot) George R. AUSTIN - 67100 (Fm Argentina);
    Not found: AC2 John H. ELLWOOD - 1133460;
    DOAS AC2 Ronald S. GARDNER - 1236355;
    KOAS LAC (Pilot u/t) Philip A. HEALY - 655368;
    not found AC2 Arthur R. PARKIN - 1128571;
    KOAS AC2 (WOp/Ag) Paul S. RIVINGTON - 903070
    KOAS LAC (Pilot u/t) Alfred C. WHITING - 1260186.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Hi Henk,

Austin confirmed as pilot of Magister I - V1084

Also killed was passenger Gunner F E Walters RA

http://www.cwgc.org/search/casualty_details.aspx?casualty=2441616

Regards
    Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015 to 2021 - All rights reserved.

Thanks

I was concerned that posting this next batch of answers from the F1180s would have put Henk under too much pressure to update after his request to remove his user name.

I now post them to contine his legacy on RAF Commands.

F1180 has Proctor P6275 crashing at Leasingham Lincolnshire.

2 killed, names P/O A Kaspar, 81894. I would also attribute Rivington to this crash.

Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015 to 2021 - All rights reserved.

Thanks

Hurricane W9176 ,59 OTU , 15.40 Formation Practise Engine failed in flt Struck Tree on attempted F/L & Crashed
    Pilot partially Blinded by glycol fumes ,1267486 Sgt RI Berkin unhurt

phill jones

Thanks

Hello

P/O (Pilot/Instr.) Arthur W. AMOS - 61311
    LAC (Pilot u/t) Philip A. HEALY - 655368
    LAC (Pilot u/t) Alfred C. WHITING - 1260186 - their respective Graves Registration Report Forms list their unit as 5 E.F.T.S.

AC2 (WOp/Ag) Paul S. RIVINGTON - 903070 - the Graves Registration Report Form lists his unit as 1 Sig. Sch., which I understand is the unit of Proctor P6275.

Regards

Simon

Thanks

Default Re: The Unaccounted Project - Final Stretch Updates by Jon Heyworth

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and RAFCommands, but so glad I found you. I was wondering if any of you could help me find out more information about my Grandfather, Leading Aircraftman Philip Arthur Healy 655368 who died in a mid air collision whilst training to be a pilot in the RAF nr Meir, Stoke on Trent. He died on 10th July 1941. I see there is an entry here on this thread, that he was training in a Miles Madgister and tragically died with two other men that dreadful day. On his death certificate it states he was a passenger and died as a result of his injuries. His death certificate also states that there was coroners inquest and the verdict of accident was recorded. One man must have survived this dreadful collision as there were two people in each plane and the Pilot Officer instructors were both flying their respective aircrafts.

I'm so sorry that I am too late to contact Henk, who I can see made such an enormous contribution to this website and forum. I know I can get some details from Kew Archives which I think is where the information on this thread came from. I do have copies of his RAF papers where he had only volunteered and joined the RAF on 20th March 1941 having deferred from the TA Royal Engineers in Leicester where he had been for 4 years since he was 16, so he was only 3 months into his training when tragedy struck. But if anyone kind enough to read this has any more ideas where I can get information of him. I only have a school photograph of him but don't know where his military photos would be. Any ideas where records would be. He died before even knowing my my mum was on the way and not being married to my grandmother, life was very very difficult for her. I wish I had known him.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give if anyone sees this.

Best wishes, Ellie

Thanks

Default Re: The Unaccounted Project - Final Stretch Updates by Jon Heyworth

Quote Originally Posted by EleanorKeates View Post
    Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and RAFCommands, but so glad I found you. I was wondering if any of you could help me find out more information about my Grandfather, Leading Aircraftman Philip Arthur Healy 655368 who died in a mid air collision whilst training to be a pilot in the RAF nr Meir, Stoke on Trent. He died on 10th July 1941. I see there is an entry here on this thread, that he was training in a Miles Madgister and tragically died with two other men that dreadful day. On his death certificate it states he was a passenger and died as a result of his injuries. His death certificate also states that there was coroners inquest and the verdict of accident was recorded. One man must have survived this dreadful collision as there were two people in each plane and the Pilot Officer instructors were both flying their respective aircrafts.

I'm so sorry that I am too late to contact Henk, who I can see made such an enormous contribution to this website and forum. I know I can get some details from Kew Archives which I think is where the information on this thread came from. I do have copies of his RAF papers where he had only volunteered and joined the RAF on 20th March 1941 having deferred from the TA Royal Engineers in Leicester where he had been for 4 years since he was 16, so he was only 3 months into his training when tragedy struck. But if anyone kind enough to read this has any more ideas where I can get information of him. I only have a school photograph of him but don't know where his military photos would be. Any ideas where records would be. He died before even knowing my my mum was on the way and not being married to my grandmother, life was very very difficult for her. I wish I had known him.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give if anyone sees this.

Best wishes, Ellie
    The AIR/81 file number appended by his entry is available via a visit to Kew and will have all the details that are still available. There will be no photos of him in his service records which you can order for a few but will be heavily redacted leaving just 2 pages in most cases