Thread: 1663 & 1669 HCUs

Thanks

Default 1663 & 1669 HCUs

Are there any publications out covering No.1663 H.C.U. RAF Rufforth and No.1669 H.C.U. RAF Langar? If so could someone give me the details please. Thank you.
    Last edited by namrondooh; 31st October 2008 at 13:20.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by namrondooh View Post
    Are there any publications out covering No.1663 H.C.U. RAF Rufforth and No.1669 H.C.U. RAF Langar? If so could someone give me the details please. Thank you.
    Norman.
    Hi Norman

is this search connected with our Dad or is it for somebody else, I found that there is a book called - Halifax Squadrons of World War 2 By Jon Lake - do you have this book and if so is it any good regarding Dad's WWII flying records/history

Terry

Eddie Fell Guest

Hi Terry

That book will not help with specific research of the sort you and Norman are doing. It is 112 pages most of which are heavily illustrated and each Unit is very briefly covered. The ORB's for HCU's don't help either as individual flights are not recorded so therefore there is very little material for a researcher to write about (other than the aircraft crashes which can be found in Bill Chorleys Bomber Command Losses Vol. 8).

There is a book called 'Wings over Rufforth' by Brian Mennell which gives a good potted history of Rufforth but concentrates on the airfield rather than the HCU specifically.

Cheers

Eddie

Thanks

Default 1663 & 1669 HCUs

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Fell View Post
    Hi Terry

That book will not help with specific research of the sort you and Norman are doing. It is 112 pages most of which are heavily illustrated and each Unit is very briefly covered. The ORB's for HCU's don't help either as individual flights are not recorded so therefore there is very little material for a researcher to write about (other than the aircraft crashes which can be found in Bill Chorleys Bomber Command Losses Vol. 8).

There is a book called 'Wings over Rufforth' by Brian Mennell which gives a good potted history of Rufforth but concentrates on the airfield rather than the HCU specifically.

Cheers

Eddie
    Thank you Eddie

I am trying to find out all I can about my Dad during WWII as I was born just a few months before he crashed and my children and my grandchildren are all really interested as well in finding out all they can about him. My own Mum died in 1977 so am unable to ask her anything about it.

Terry