Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luftwaffe bomber losses over England 1941

Thanks

Default Luftwaffe bomber losses over England 1941

is there a website dealing with these bombers and the actions in which they were lost ? or a forum discussing them ?

thank you

Thanks

Hi Pete
    I don't know about websites other than 12 O'Clock High which covers a much wider field than your expressed interest, but as a Start you could look for a book by John Foreman, The Turning Point Parts 1 and 2 which covers the period Jan to June 1941 and has information on the Air activity over the period incl Luftwaffe Losses. There is also a series of Large Format books published by After the Battle, the Blitz then and Now, with Vol 3 covering 1941. These ought to be available through a Library if you can't find them in Bookshops.
    Regards
    Dick

Thanks

Hi Pete,

from my own research I can confirm that these books are really useful but only for general overview. Sometimes I was unable to find some articular losses there or they were mentioned with some errors.
    For detailed research mentioned forum can be useful but if you are looking for any particular loss suring the massive raids it is really difficult to assign articular bomner to specific action.

Good luck

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

Pete,

I suggest you try Luftwaffe Experten Message Board (or LEMB) at http://www.luftwaffe-experten.org/forums/ . It deals almost exclusively with Luftwaffe matters.

Brian

Thanks

thanks guys, I have the books and I'm moving onwards from there,

Jack Foreman doesnt detail the crews names etc which I guess will be in Luftwaffe QMG Loss returns. In both books there are oblique references to............."probably an aircraft of KuFlGr106" (or whatever) and I'm keen to ID the aircraft referred to which seem usually to have been those lost over the sea (and therefore no wreckage or remains to ID them).

I assisted Peter Cornwell with some of the 1940 material but am out of my normal patch looking at 1941.

I'll try LEMB, many thanks for your help

Thanks

Useful are the books:
    Der Luftkrieg 1939-1941 in Europa - Vols.1 and 2 by Ulf Balke (ISBN 3-86047-591-6).

Thanks

Forgot to mention:
    Vol.1 = 1939 - 1941 and Vol.2 = 1941 - 1945.

Thanks

Thanks Henk, this is a book I havent come across before, is it detailed ?

For example please can you tell me if it mentions a loss on 28/29 June 1941, possibly 2/KuFlGr.106 which may have crashed into the sea off Happisburgh on the East Coast of England. Would it identify the aircraft, WkNr & markings and crew names ?

Thanks

Thanks

Pete,
    Books are very detailed but ONLY cover the losses of KG2 (Kampfgeschwader 2).
    Regards,
    Henk.

Eddie Fell Guest

Pete

Bill Norman has written about Luftwaffe Losses in his books 'Luftwaffe over the North' and 'Broken Eagles'. They cover known losses for Yorkshire, Durham and Northumberland

Cheers

Eddie