Thread: 410726 - Unaccounted airmen - 26-7-1941

Thanks

Dennis & Henk,

Thanks for confirming.

Most appreciated regards Mick

Thanks

Default Vincent Nuttall

Hi Mick,

I`d be very interested in a photo of your Uncle Vincent Nuttall. I am gathering details on all the local airmen in Tameside cemeteries (I live in Stalybridge) for a possible book and as LAC Nutall came from Droylsden which falls into this category a photo of this airman would be a welcome addition for my files.

I can be contacted via e-mail at: dave(AT)earl25.fsnet.co.uk

Thank You.

Dave.

Thanks

Hello

AC1 Edwin J. JARVIS - 1120160 - the Newcastle Journal of July 30th 1941 reported the following:

AIRMAN IN RIVER
    The Deputy Coroner (Mr. J. L. Taylor) adjourned an inquest ay Ryton yesterday, for medical evidence, on Aircraftman Edwin James Jarvis (34), whose body was found floating in the River Tyne at "Dr. Stanners," Ryton on Saturday. Police Constable Sains said the body was only slightly clothed.

The same newspaper on August 2nd:

A verdict of "Found drowned" in the River Tyne, was returned at the inquest at Ryton yesterday on Aircraftman Edwin James Jarvis (34), married, whose home is in Camarthenshire.

Cpl Alexander ROBERTSON - 637354 - the Statutory Deaths Register on the Scotland's People website records that he died at 0.50 a.m. at the Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, due to Reticulo-sarcoma of the stomach.

Regards

Simon