Thread: Weather Reports

Thanks

Default Weather Reports

Can someone tell me what the weather conditions were over SE England on the 26 May 1944.
    Is there any resource online that lists weather reports from WW2?
    Andy

Thanks

Depends on how much detail you require Andy, and at what time of day. If you go to http://theweatheroutlook.com/twodata/dathistcharts.aspx that will provide you with a synoptic chart for (I think) 12 GMT, but it doesn't tell you what the weather is.

So far as I'm aware there is no online source, but if you remember Steve Brew started a thread on 2 November in which weather entries in ORBs were discussed. It may be someone has ready access to an ORB in your area of interest.

If you can't get what you need from that, email me off-board and I'll get the charts for that day. I need to know the time of day and the area (rather than an indeterminate 'southeast'). It would be useful to know why you're interested - simply so I can provide a focussed answer.

Amend: Looking at the link I've given I'd hazard a guess that the weather was pretty quiet; some early morning mist clearing quickly then a fine, dry, day with good visibility and half cover of cumulus - can't guess at the cloud base though. Probably hazy throughout the day - the haze extending to cloud base.

Brian
    Last edited by Lyffe; 9th November 2008 at 16:44. Reason: Possible hindcast