Thread: How many Kayes in No.7 Sqn winter 43-44

Thanks

Default How many Kayes in No.7 Sqn winter 43-44

Hi,

I was looking for Combat Reports by airgunner Ivon George Kaye, RNZAF of No.7 Sqn flying in a crew with H. Williams, RNZAF as pilot. I found Combat Reports by three different Kayes or is it two?

W/O N. Kaye: Combat Reports 22 March and 22 April 1944-he is mentioned in Tom Docherty’s book “No.7 Bomber Squadron RAF in World War ll”
    F/O I. J. Kaye: Combat Report 14 January 1944 – most probably Ivon George Kaye
    P/O Kaye: Combat Reports 3 December 1943, 21 and 27 January, 20 February 1944 - ????

Can anyone confirm the first name of the third Kaye?

An amazing fact is that these are the only reports from WWll by any Kaye I found in a search on the National Archives and all belong to members of No.7 in the winter of 1943-44.

Thanks in advance
    Peter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phasselgren View Post
    Hi,
    An amazing fact is that these are the only reports from WWll by any Kaye I found in a search on the National Archives and all belong to members of No.7 in the winter of 1943-44.
    Thanks in advance
    Peter
    There should also be reports for his combats with 75 Sqn, on 26 Jul 43 (shared destruction of an FW190) and 9 Oct 43 (damaged a fighter)?

Given Steve Brew's earlier post about the NA search engine's near 25% error rate for 41 Sqn reports, it could be that others for Kaye are incorrectly indexed.

Errol

Thanks

I checked all Combat Records for 75 Sqn and found one for Flight Sergeant KAYS 25 July 1943. I guess this is the shared claim on 26 July by Kaye but nothing on the other date. Sofar has all my searches with "DATE RANGE" failed bit I don't know if it's my own fault or the search engine.

Peter