Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 410831 - Unaccounted airmen - 31-8-1941

Thanks

Default Re: The Unaccounted Project - Final Stretch Updates by Jon Heyworth

Jack Luscombe 864964 , died in the Royal Naval hospital, Plymouth, at 01:45 hours, of injuries sustained in a railway accident

Thanks

Default Re: The Unaccounted Project - Final Stretch Updates by Jon Heyworth

Trevor Russell 947694 , attached to RAF Duxford , died suddenly whilst on leave at home at Jenkins Street , Hopkinstown , of asphyxia due to an epileptic fit with his father G J Russell present.

His brother had died in the RAF the previous year and is buried in a joint grave with him.

Trevor is the LAST Airmen resting in Wales who can be accounted without recourse to the GRO Death certificate route as any remaining Airmen died post discharge from the RAF. All Airmen in Wales who died up to September 1945 are however accounted
    Last edited by jonheyworth; 18th December 2021 at 15:01.

Thanks

Default Re: 410831 - Unaccounted airmen - 31-8-1941

Good Morning,

Ref 1092859 AC2 R HARRY. I may be putting a spanner in this work. I live in a small village west of Helston, Cornwall and while researching the men named on my local parish church 'Roll of Honour', is listed one Reginald Harry! This man is also listed here - https://www.cornwallfhs.com/cornwall...-war-2-search/. The document is quite clear and either the Stranraer hospital records or the Cornish records are in error. I'm particularly interested to clear this anomaly up especially as he is buried in the cemetery, and more to the point as I'm compiling a short overview of each man to leave in the church, to assist anyone who may be looking for their relative or are just interested in knowing about their service.

Would love to engage with anyone on this.

Kind regards

Aidan