Thread: Eddie Richardson 193 Squadron

Thanks

Default Eddie Richardson 193 Squadron

Hello all, does anyone have access to the ORB for 193 Squadron? I am trying to establish the service number of Eddie Richardson listed on numerous websites as being with 193 Squadron in August 1944.

Can anyone help?

Cheers, Tom

Thanks

Default E Richardson 193 Sqn

Had a quick look at the 193 ORB and couldn't spot a Richardson in August 44 but he was there (as a Wt Off, later Plt Off) in Oct 44 and throught to the end of the war. The ORB does not routinely record service numbers; it may be there somewhere ... but there are a lot of pages! I have a friend who takes a particular interest in 193 and will see if he can help.

Thanks

Tom,

1023596 Wt Off Eddie Richardson promoted to 187302 Plt Off 2 Nov 44 (From LG).

Errol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thorne83 View Post
    Hello all, does anyone have access to the ORB for 193 Squadron? I am trying to establish the service number of Eddie Richardson listed on numerous websites as being with 193 Squadron in August 1944.

Can anyone help?

Cheers, Tom
    Hi Tom,
    Eddie Richardson recorded as joining on 26 jan '43 as a F/Sgt,
    The ORB is very basic, few numbers or serials etc.
    I have a copy of the ORB dec '42 until feb '44 and a few photos, ( are you any relation to P/O pete thorne ? )
    cheers
    Jerry

Thanks

Hello chaps, the Eddie Richardson that Errol has pointed out is the chap i am trying to connect to 193 Squadron. W/O E Richardson (1023596) crash landed a Martinet in April 1944 while serving at 3 TEU. I was hoping to confirm he was the same man listed with 193 Squadron in August. His date of commission ties in with what Chris says about the 193 Sqn Richardson being commissioned in late 1944.

What has got me a little confused is Jerry's mention of Richardson joining the squadron in February 1943 though?! Why would he be with 3 TEU in April 1944, unless he was undergoing some kind of refresher course?

Overall the info points to him being one and the same man though, i just need the confirmation! Are there any other Eddie Richardsons in the AFL for late 1944?

Is there any mention in the ORB of him being posted in from 3 TEU?

Many thanks guys,

Tom

Thanks

Thanks to my knowledgable 193 man I now know that Eddie Richardson flew 2 tours of operations with 193 Squadron. The first began when 193 was formed in January 1943 - I don't have an end date for that tour but it was probably circa April 44. It is then highly likely that he was an instructor at 3 TEU until returning to 193 in Oct 44 for his second tour - finishing as a Flg Off when the squadron disbanded in August 45. There is a mention of his (officer's) service number in the ORB - which tallies with that given by Errol.

Thanks

Thanks Chris, that is great! Just the confirmation i was after.

Cheers, Tom

Thanks

Hi All,

Sorry to hijack the post but its great to see people discussing squadron 193. I'm a family member of a living member of 193 and I'm currently collecting information on them and would appreciate anything you can offer. I have a fair bit of information gathered myself and I'd be willing to share with interested parties as well.

Matt

Thanks

Default 193 Sqn

Welcome Matt. I've sent you a PM (private message).
    Chris