Thread: DFM citations

Thanks

Default DFM citations

Hello all, can somebody with a copy of Tavender's book rustle up a couple of citations for me please? I would be very grateful.

They are for:

Barrett Christison (1311836)
    W/O Kenneth Winton Dunlop DFM (754819).

Cheers, Tom

Thanks

Christison Barrett 1311836 F/Sgt. 155 Sq.
    LG 15/9/40 Sorties 140 Flying Hours 400 Pilot Air2/9636

This airman pilot has completed 80 operational sorties on the Burma front during the last 12 months. His fine example of air discipline, keenness, dash & initiative in attacking his targetsgained him the position of Section Leader. He has continued to lead with the finest qualities of leadership. On the ground, his complete thoroughness and attention to detail has earned him a place of respect amongst fellow pilots and ground crews. As the only surviving airman pilot member of his squadron of those who joined in April 1942, he has never shown any despondency over the passing of his crew and has had a great part in inspiring the new airmen pilots to a high standard of aggressive keenness.

Dunlop Kenneth Winton 754819 144 Sq.
    LG 21/11/41 Sorties 31 Flying hours 200.30 Pilot Air2/9334

For continuous gallantry and devotion to duty during raids into enemy teritory including one flight to Berlin. Sgt. Dunlop, during his time as C aptain of aircraft, has the fine record of rarely having failed to carry out his mission successfully. On the night of 5/6th. July 1941, he took off on an operational sortie. 10 minutes after leaving Base, flames were seen to be issuing from the starboard engine. With grat coolness, this NCO brought the aircraft safely back to the aerodrome. On landing, he requested that he might be allowed to take another aircraft. On this being arranged, he took off and carried out a highly successful attack on the alternative target.

Thanks

Thanks John, great help!

Cheers, Tom

Thanks

Default Flgt Sgt Bob Cross - 136 Burma Squadron

I dont know if anyone can help me! My wife's uncle was Bob Cross who flew with 136 Squadron & was I think their highest scorer. He was awarded a DFM & I think Bar but I dont have any details of the citation(s). I am trying to research Bob's war record and wonder if your could let me have anything from the Tavender book which I think you have.
    Any help would be very much appreciated
    Max

Thanks

Max

his citation is available in the London Gazette

http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/36368/pages/692

A
    RAF Armoured Car Companies 1920-45 http://www.rafacciraq.com/

Thanks

Default Bob Cross

Thanks Amrit
    Much Appreciated