Thread: Canadian Publication, "Bomber Command"

Thanks

Default Canadian Publication, "Bomber Command"

Season's Greetings

I have in my possession a booklet my family purchased in the early 1940's entitled "Bomber Command". It was published in Canada by the Queen's Canadian Fund for Air Raid Victims on behalf of the British Air Ministry. It was the second Air Ministry publication issued in Canada and this issue in conjuction with the first issue provided the Air Ministry Account of Bomber Commands Offensive from Sept. 1939-July 1941.

It is a 100 page soft covered document and is quite interesting as it offers a perspective of events as they transpired during that particular period. There are several excellent black and white photos of aircrew, aircraft and aerial reconnaissance etc.

There is a section on Brest and the efforts directed towards the Scharnorst, Gneisenau and Prinz Eugen. There is a fair amount on various German targets and also some information titled "Target for Tonight" which provides details in mission planning, debriefing etc. which may have been related to the film entitled "Target for Tonight" which was produced during this era.

I am curious to know how rare our copy of this publication is and if anyone has seen other installments in the series anywhere?

Eric

Eddie Fell Guest

Hi Eric

I have 'Bomber Command Continues' which is 'the Air Ministry account of the rising offensive against Germany July 1941 - June 1942. I understand they are quite common and still readily available at a relatively low price. My edition was 7d when published and runs to 56 pages.
    Hope this helps

Eddie

Thanks

Hi Eric,

I have the same publication.
    As I know there was also Coastal Command or Ferry Command (Atlantic Bridge) or ASR and some other publications about Malta etc.
    You can check it on Ebay - they are available there time to time and the price is not so high...
    Anyway there was also a special booklet on Target for Tonight.

Hope this helps a little

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

Default Bomber Command Book

Hi
    I have a paperback book with 128 pages this is titled Bomer Command The Air Ministry Account Of Bomber Command`s Offensive Against The Axis September 1939 - July 1941 this was issued by H. M. S. O. 1942 and was a price of 1/6 net or 20/- for 15 copies
    S. O. Code No 70/380.
    Regards
    Harold Dummer.

Thanks

Thanks Gents.

Harold, I think I have a copy similar to yours. It was purchased for 75 Canadian cents at the time of issue.

Eric