Thread: Help!!!

Thanks

Default Help!!!

Is there someone of our French members who can help me to make a photograph of the grave of Capitaine Albert Wiccaert who is buried at Dunkerque Cemetery row 75, gravenumber 27. Albert Wiccaert was the pilot of Potez 63-11 which was shotdown over Poppel(Belgium) and crashed at Oirschot(Holland) on the 13th May 1940 by a Me109(Lt Friedrich Butterweck). On the 13th May 2009 we will erect a memorial to this crew at Oirschot as well.

Thanks very much in advance
    Adrian

Thanks

Hello Adrian,

I took part in the thread you started a while ago on the same topic in the french discussion board "aeroforum".

I'm quite "local", as I live in the Nord département, I'm quite interested in this pilot as he was born in Avion in the Pas-de-Calais, 25 km from my home. His unit was based in northern France and he was eventually buried in Dunkirk.

Alas, if I have pictures of the R.A.F. and Commonwealth Air Forces graves in Dunkirk, I don't have one of Wiccaert, as I didn't know he was buried in this town when I drove there to picture the allied air force related graves. I'll go there, sure, but I can't tell when.

I'll contact you by private message or directly by e-mail when it's done, unless someone else is actually closer than I am.

Cheers

Joss

Thanks

Hi Joss,

That's terrific!! Really superb that you are able to help me out with this matter. We have made contact with the families of Coqueton and Leygnac already and now we are close to contact the family of Wiccaert. As you said that you have interest in this pilot(and/or this crew/crash) I will collect all I have (and get) and share this with you. No matter how long it takes ,but if possible before 13th May.

Thanks again,
    Adrian