Thread: RNZAF pilots in 602 Squadron

Thanks

Default RNZAF pilots in 602 Squadron

Dear all,

Perhaps a difficult query, but I'm looking for the full first names of underneath RNZAF pilots who served in 602 Squadron during late 1944 and 1945:

W/O H. G. Ellison, 415304 RNZAF
    P/O H. H. Mc. Hardy, 42707 RNZAF
    W/O L. T. Menzies, 411016 RNZAF

I've tried in vain the online London Gazette. For future investigations: is there a New Zealand equivalent like the online database/nominal roll of the National Australian Archives where you can (cross) check names, service numbers and units?

Thanks in advance,
    Hans Nauta

Thanks

Hans,

"is there a New Zealand equivalent like the online database/nominal roll of the National Australian Archives where you can (cross) check names, service numbers and units?"

The short answer is no, apart from those who died during WWI and WWII who are recorded with varying degrees of completeness and accuracy on the Auckland War Memorial's Cenotaph website (info from my books has also often been copied there without my permission).

RNZAF officer appointments are to be found in the New Zealand Gazette but this, too, is not online. However, I have indexed these and incorporated them into my own database covering some 60,000 New Zealanders in aviation, mostly pre-1950.

W/O Hugh Graham Ellison, 415304 RNZAF
    P/O (later Fg Off, 1.1.46) Harold Herbert McHardy, 42707 RNZAF
    W/O Lauritz Thomas Menzies, 411016 RNZAF (in the 1950s he was operations manager for the topdressing company James Aviation Ltd.

Errol

Thanks

Hi Errol,

Thanks a lot for your quick response and the additional first names!

Best wishes,
    Hans Nauta