Thread: ASV Aerial Details

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Thanks

Default ASV Aerial Details

Am looking for details of early ASV Mk II aerials installed on early Fortress IIAs delivered to the UK for the RAF - they were also installed on US Liberators, Fortresses, PBYs and perhaps other types for antisubmarine operations. They were part of the British-developed ASV Mk II air-to-surface radar system and consisted of wires mounted on tripods above the rear fuselage and on posts on the rear fuselage sides - they proved to be ineffective and were replaced by the more familiar Sterba arrays. Specifically, I'm looking for the exact configuration of the wires and connections to the fuselage as installed on the B-17 Fortress. I have a somewhat indistinct photo of the installation on a US Liberator which I can forward.
    Does anyone have info or can someone point me at another forum? Have also posted on ArmyAirForces.com
    Thanks and regards:
    Robert

Thanks

Hi Rob,

Drop me an email and I'll send you some pictures from AP2544A (Nov 1943) showing ASVII installation on the rear fuselage of #41-2519 and the connection diagram for Fortress IIa.

Regards
    Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015/2018 - All rights reserved.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Thanks

Hi Ross:
    Email sent. Did you receive OK?
    Regards:
    Robert