Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAF Pilots IVESON

Thanks

Default RAF Pilots IVESON

Does anyone know if the following RAF pilots were related? I realise its a slim chance of finding this out but any clues would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Wing Commander D. "Hank" IVESON D.S.O., D.F.C. & Bar, Commanding Officer 76 (Halifax) Squadron W.W.II Later became Station Commander of RAF Waddington 1958-1960.

Squadron Leader Tony IVESON D.F.C., Lancaster pilot 617 Squadron W.W.II

Squadron Leader Bob IVESON M.I.D., Harrier pilot, 1 Squadron Falklands War 1982
    Last edited by namrondooh; 14th January 2009 at 23:45. Reason: adding awards

Thanks

748150 Douglas IVESON (86384)
    is probably
    Name: Douglas Iveson
    Year of Registration: 1917
    Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
    Mother's Maiden Name: Hutchinson
    District: Sculcoates
    County: Yorkshire - East Riding

742036 Thomas Clifford IVESON (128539)
    There are two possible men here, 1913 and 1919, neither have the same mother's Maiden name or registration district.

I found Douglas Iveson on a family tree on ancestry, it does not list any siblings for him, but might not be complete. Nor does it show him having married but he did pass away in Dec 1994 in Scarborough district.

The modern day Iveson must be
    Squadron Leader Robert Douglas IVESON 4233414, Royal Air Force. MID

He flew TIALD missions in the first Gulf War, pop the name into the Flight Archives. And he was in the Service at the earliest LG find, 1968, regraded as a Pilot Officer.

Doesn't answer your question but adds some info.

I'm drawn to his second name, Douglas? A chance?
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Default "Hank" Iveson 76 Squadron

Thank you Dennis. Its awfully good of you to have gone to so much trouble. Its most appreciated. I'm sure that D. Iveson is "Douglas" as my father who was on 76 Sqn the same time once mentioned to me a CO "Dug" or Digger" which for some time made me think he was Australian. And I've also seen "Hank" Iveson being described in a "Flight Global" archive as a very tall Yorkshire man so it all seems to fit in. Incidentaly, my father also said that the Squadron morale rose considerably after he took over in early 1944. My main research is "Hank" Iveson. Thanks again.
    Norman
    Last edited by namrondooh; 13th January 2009 at 11:00. Reason: spelling error

Thanks

Try contacting Bomber Command Association at Hendon. Tony Iveson is Chairman of the Association.
    Bill

Thanks

In the Flypast, December issue 1983, there is an advert for a double issue print by Artist Maurice V. Gardner. The paintings are 'Course Correction' signed by Gp Cpt Douglas 'Hank' Iveson. 'Second Strike' signed by Sqd Ldr Robert Iveson...father and son. Robert Iveson was shot down while flying with 1 Squadron near Goose Green in the Falklands. He evaded capture.

Best Wishes.
    Robert.

Thanks

Default Dec 1983 Flypast Magazine

Thank you Bill & Robert for your good leads.

Robert,
    Alas, I do not have a copy of the Dec 1983 Flypast and, assuming you have access to a copy, was wondering if it were possible to copy the page to me? Thank you.
    Norman.

Thanks

Ok it shoud be here http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg140/northeagle/ivesonprint.jpg
    Sorry about the quality, printing in the Flypast just wasn't so good in those days. To the best of my knowledge these prints appeared only once.

Best Wishes.
    Robert.
    Last edited by northeagle; 14th January 2009 at 16:22.

Thanks

Looks like its not working. This is my e-mail, arrdixon@btinternet.com if you get in touch I will send the pic to you.

Best Wishes.
    Robert.

Thanks

Robert, the link works fine if you leave out the IMG parts at the beginning and end. Just copy and paste this one into the browser and it views ok:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg140/northeagle/ivesonprint.jpg

Hope that helps
    Linzee

Thanks

Hi Linzee,
    Thanks for that, I worked it out later when I stopped the swearing and came down off the ceiling.

Best Wishes.
    Robert.