Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAF Pilots IVESON

Thanks

Hello Robert,

I have just this minute downloaded the Flypast picture. Thank you for making it available.
    Also, hello Linzee, thank you for your assistance in getting the picture.

Best wishes
    Norman
    Last edited by namrondooh; 14th January 2009 at 01:14. Reason: adding salutations

Thanks

Default Air Lists 1935-1939 Douglas Iveson

Could someone with access to the 1935-1939 "Royal Air Force Air Lists" please check for Douglas Iveson, b.1917 became pilot.
    Thank you
    Norman
    Last edited by namrondooh; 15th January 2009 at 01:41. Reason: adding RAF

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by namrondooh View Post
    Does anyone know if the following RAF pilots were related? I realise its a slim chance of finding this out but any clues would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Wing Commander D. "Hank" IVESON D.S.O., D.F.C. & Bar, Commanding Officer 76 (Halifax) Squadron W.W.II Later became Station Commander of RAF Waddington 1958-1960.

Squadron Leader Tony IVESON D.F.C., Lancaster pilot 617 Squadron W.W.II

Squadron Leader Bob IVESON M.I.D., Harrier pilot, 1 Squadron Falklands War 1982
    Hello. Sorry if this is a little late, I just stumbled upon this question on the internet. The answer is Douglas (aka Hank) Iveson was Robert (Bob) Iveson's father. Tony Iveson is no relative. I can tell you this with quite a bit of authority as Robert Iveson is my father, Douglas Iveson was my grandfather. Someone I think points out that my father is Robert Douglas which might point to them being related. This is right and is a bit of a family tradition; my second name is Robert, my son's second name is my first name etc. I'm not sure if the question was leading towards something but both my grand father and my father retired as Group Captains. If you have any questions let me know but I know a lot more about my father's career than my grand father's.

Regards

Pete Iveson

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by northeagle View Post
    In the Flypast, December issue 1983, there is an advert for a double issue print by Artist Maurice V. Gardner. The paintings are 'Course Correction' signed by Gp Cpt Douglas 'Hank' Iveson. 'Second Strike' signed by Sqd Ldr Robert Iveson...father and son. Robert Iveson was shot down while flying with 1 Squadron near Goose Green in the Falklands. He evaded capture.

Best Wishes.
    Robert.
    This is correct, I have both hanging on my dining room wall.

Thanks

Thank you Pete for the very useful and most interesting information. As a result, I am sending you a PM
    Norman
    Last edited by namrondooh; 14th January 2012 at 18:47.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by namrondooh View Post
    Thank you Pete for the very useful and most interesting information. As a result, I am sending you a PM
    Norman
    Norman, no problem at all. Look forward to hearing from you.

Pete