Thread: Dfm Citation

Thanks

Default Dfm Citation

I wonder if there is anyone who can help me locate the DFM citation for my late father, 946821 Frederick Taylor, RAFVR (100 Squadron)? The award was posted in the London Gazette 17th October 1944. Other than that, I have no idea about the circumstances of his award, and I would love to know what it was.

Thanks

Flight Sergeant Taylor has completed his first tour of 30 sorties. The majority of these attacks which include 5 to Berlin, have been against the enemy's main industrial centres and have been carried out in the face of heavy opposition. F/Sgt. Taylor's coolness & determination, his skilful handling of his guns and constant alertness have contribuyed largely to the safety of the aircraft and the success of all missions. When attacked by enemy fighters, his accurate fire and steadfast command of the situation have thwarted the enemy. His devotion to duty and fearless courage fully deserve the award of the DFM. (Tavender)

Thanks

Default Dfm Citation

John
    Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it very much. I also pass on thanks from my brother.
    Dad went on to begin another tour, mostly with 101 Squadron until demob in 1946. He completed another 15 ops before the War's end. Although he often spoke to me about his experiences, he never discussed the circumstances of his DFM.
    Thanks again
    Peter