Thread: Parents Raf service

Thanks

Default Parents Raf service

Hi,
    My father was first at Cardington then went to Bicester 13OTU 104 Sqadron MK1 Blenheims as a turret Gunner in 1939. His plane overshot the runway and finished up in a tree. He did not fly again. He then went Methwold as a drill and gas instructor and met my mother at Feltwell. Mum was Corporal Jane Adams incharge of WAAFS in 1940 and married my father in 1943.

I am trying to find any information of where they served or anyone who knew them.
    Father used to talk about Johnny Johnson at Methwold and Paddy Rankin. He did tell me that while on Flare path duty at Methwold I think a German Plane followed the bombers in and landed waved and took off again.

My mother remembers Jeanie Stuart, Mavis Thackery, The Harvey sisters.
    Also Mum said that Photographs were taken when she was taking a drill one time.

If anyone has Photographs or may remember any of the names I would like to know.

I have put some of my Photographs in pictures and albums Parents at Feltwell and methwold

Cheers Willowmac
    Last edited by willowmac; 17th January 2009 at 15:50.

Thanks

Default Finding Records

Hi
    If you do not allready know you can get a complete copy of records from R A F Cranwell
    If the person to whom they belong applies they are free if not there is a charge for the search. Just send the name and number of the persons involved and they will send you details how to request these. the address is as follows.

D P A ROOM 220
    TRENCHARD HALL
    R A F CRANWELL
    SLEAFORD
    LINCS
    NG348HB
    Good Luck with your search
    Harold Dummer.
    l

l