Thread: Dudley F E Cockle

Thanks

Default Dudley F E Cockle

Greetings All,
    I spend some considerable time at my computer. This has, on occasion, resulted in some negative comments from my Domestic Operational Controller (i.e. Wife!!) - usually in connection with gardening or decorating!!!!!!!!!!!.
    She, and her brother, are engaged on the usual Family History Project. One problem that has occurred, as the result of the recent release of the 1911 Census, is that a Dudley F E Cockle married an Eileen Luke in Q4 of 1946. Dudley Cockle was, it seems, either a Warrant Officer, or Flt Sgt, in the RAF. He is, therefore, my wife's uncle by marriage. She was a bridesmaid at the wedding. I do not (at this time) know his Svc Number. His name does not come up on the LG (at least not by the way I search it!!!).
    Little is known of Dudley Cockle. Before the onerous task of extracting his Service Record (by near - but not direct - rellies) begins, can I ask those of you with extensive Name databases to run the name Cockle through them to see if you get a hit?
    Should this occur I would be very grateful for a 'heads up'! Moreover, should this information result in a reduction in the negative comments from my DOC then I would like to reward you in my Will. But as 'X'% of very little is not a great deal then you might have to be content with my eternal thanks for your time and effort!
    I throw myself upon your mercies!
    Rgds
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Peter

do you know when he was born? And where?

This is probably completely erroneous but there was a cricketer by the name of Dudley Francis Eugene Cockle

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/india/content/player/27731.html

A

Thanks

Amrit,
    Tks.
    Certainly the same bloke. He played for the RAF and Wiltshire, before WW2, as an LAC and Cpl (The Times was very punctilious in giving Service cricketers their proper rank!!). We are trying to find out what he did in WW2 - and immediately thereafter!
    Yr help much appreciated.
    Rgds
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!