Thread: 138 sqdn Whitley Z9275 NFG

Thanks

Default 138 sqdn Whitley Z9275 NFG

My Fathers cousin, Frederick George Green was a member of the freeland crew when it crashed on the night of 26-27 September 1942. I have seen the thread "138 Squadron - Unrecorded ops" on the old board, and was interested to learn that Fred was flying as the W.op. if any body has more Information on this crew ,could they please let me know or tell me the best place to look . I have two pictures of Fred one in flying kit standing next to an (as yet unidentified )aircraft and one with four other men, possibly a complete crew, but as two are wearing W.op badges and Fred was also a W.op ,three W.ops does not seem to make sense, so may be it was taken in training. I will post the pictures if any one is interested.
    regards Peter

Thanks

26-27 september 1942

138 Squadron
    Whitley V Z9275 NF-G
    Op. SOE

Crew
    F/S. D H. Freeland. +
    F/S. E G. Hayhoe +
    Sgt. J H. Cox pow
    F/S. F G. Green +
    Sgt. P G. Moore pow

took off Tempsford. Crashed in the vicinity of Merville (Nord) a town on the north bank of the river Lys, 12 km SE of Hazebrouck, France. Those who died rest in Merville Communal Cemetery Extension.

RAF Bomber Command Losses Volume 3. W R. Chorley.

Regards
    Peter.

Thanks

Default Freeland

I have a copy of the list of Freeland op's. Let me have your email address and I'll send it over.

If you let me have a copy of his picture I'll add it to the Pictorial Memorial page on my web site www.geocities.com/fk790

Regards
    Bob
    body@sit.forthnet.gr

Thanks

Default I'm interested too

hello,

I'm quite interested too, as I took part in the first thread. I have no picture of the crew and I'd like to have at least one for my records.

I can provide you digital pictures of the Operations Record Book of No. 138 Squadron carried out by the FREELAND crew, of the PoW questionnaires of the two survivors, of the graves in Merville.

You can contact me JossLeclercqATaol.com (replace by the obvious), with a clear name in the subject line (so I don't delete your message as spam).

Joss

Thanks

Peter. thank you for the the Information
    Regards Peter.