Thread: Attestation

Thanks

Default Attestation

Does anyone happen to have the wording of the attestation used at RAFVR assessments in 1943? Did recruits attest before or after ACSB interview?

Also, we believe that Form 2168 (Notice Paper) was issued to recruits and possibly a silver RAFVR lapel badge (but we are not sure if these were issued in 1943) .... was anything else issued to recruits?

Any help would, as usual, be brilliant
    Last edited by PeteT; 29th January 2012 at 10:33.

Thanks

Peter,

If I remember correctly it was after we had passed the interview, but the wording eludes me now.

Cheers,
    Digger.

Thanks

Default Attestation(s)

Regarding Attestations(s) the appropriate year of "The King's Regulations and Air Council Instructions for the Royal Air Force" A.P. 958 has a list in the index reagrding Attestation(s). My copy is 1941 and I am aware that the RAF Museum has a 1941 copy and probably copies for other years. Some principal and National Libraries may hold copies, if you require a definite answer on this. The Index refers to quite a few numbered Regulation paragraphs.

However a very quick look at some of the 1941 edition (correct up to November 1941) of the K.R. & A.C.I., paragraphs, appears to be referring to Enlistment and Re-engagement in the RAF.

In the Index you have two titles
    Attestation(s) and
    Attestation Paper listed.

In the Index under "Attestation(s)" the following Regulation Paragraphs are numbered with a brief index contents as follows:-
    467(3) Age given on, warning in respect of
    1177 Colonial, Service on, not reckonable to G.C. Badges
    474 Documents to be prepared on
    False answer on:-
    1165(6) (d) As to age, charge for, should not be made
    1281 Suitable punishment
    3672(4) Former, not acknowledged on re-enlistment, effect on service pension
    467(5) Former Service to be stated on
    1394 Leave on
    2655 Rations, issue on or before
    482 Trade to which mustered on, record on service documents
    3014 Travelling expenses prior to

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Hood; 30th January 2012 at 11:23. Reason: correction "effect ON service pension"

Thanks

If you google "RAF Attestation Oath" you will find a variety of such as the oath itself underwent various changes.

Jim