Thread: LAC Evan Davies - 1510193 - Died 1/1/45 - 6168 Sqd - Eindhoven Gen Cem

Thanks

Default LAC Evan Davies - 1510193 - Died 1/1/45 - 6168 Sqd - Eindhoven Gen Cem

Hello to everyone,

Can somebody please help clarify the death of the above airman. I gathered the information from the CWGC website and with the date in mind I checked the book, "Battle of the Airfields - Operation Bodenplatte 1 January 1945", by Norman Franks.

Within the Appendix's, (J) in fact, I came across an entry for an airman, LAC A E Davids of 6168 SE Sqd as being killed in the attack based at Eindhoven. On checking the name the CWGC website gave no entry found. Is this an error within the book or is there a mistake in typing the entry in the website.

Any help on this matter will be appreciated.

Cheers.

Steve.

Thanks

I have found that information in the original registers has been ommitted from the on line registers. Unit for Davies was in the original register.

Thanks

Steve,
    It appears to be a mistake in the book, GRO has 1510193 LAC Evans Davies 1668SE.

Thanks

Hi Alan and John,

Thanks for the replies, I had an idea the book was in error but then that type of mistake can be found in nearly every book you could read. Seeing the amount of time and effort in putting a book together one mistake in nothing really. You must admire the authors tenacity in getting the job done and into print.

All the best.

Steve.