Thread: Blenheims L1125 and L6795

Eddie Fell Guest

Default Blenheims L1125 and L6795

As I mentioned in another post THE 2(C)OTU ORB records six killed in the mid air collision of these two aircraft.

The Pilots were William Thomas Braun RCAF (L6795) and George Arthur Edmonds RAFVR (L1125). The W.Op/AG on L1125 was Vernon Gregory Hanrahan Copas RAAF.

Can anybody assist with the missing three names

Cheers

Eddie

Thanks

Hi Eddy
    from Warner's "Blenheim"- he gives the crews :- L6795- F/Sgt W Braun, RCAF,P/O J Mair, and Sgt F Warren RAAF. L1125-Sgt C Edmonds,Sgt G Peart, and Sgt V Copus RAAF. The a/c apparently came down in the sea
    Regards
    Dick

Eddie Fell Guest

Many thanks Dick

Eddie

Thanks

The correct spelling was Copas (404855), his service records are on the Australian National Archives website for free - always a bonus. the casualty report is there but its not free as yet, i assume that once someone orders a copy it gets scanned for the fee and then uploaded so everyone else in the future gets it free.

He was hospitalised for a week while training in Canada, no indication of why. To 143 Sq on 19 Nov41, then to 2 OTU on 7th feb 42

The location given in these documents for their loss is 1m North of Skipsea.

Warren (403100) also has his records there but not currently for free.

Cheers Rich

Thanks

Hi Eddy
    It looks like not everybody was lost at sea. I have found an F Warren's death registered at Norwich and Edmonds,Peart and Copas registered at Buckrose all in the 2nd Qtr of 1942. It ties in with the fact that Braun and Mair are on Runnymede and the rest all have recorded burials or a cremation. I am presuming that Norwich would be appropriate for Warren if he was recovered and registered close to where he came ashore.
    Regards
    Dick

Eddie Fell Guest

Hi Dick

My man is Frederick Ernest Sidney Warren RAAF who is commemorated on Runnymede

Cheers

Eddie

Thanks

Hi Dick,
    BRAUN and WARREN are on the Runnymede; MAIR is commemorated on the Screenwall Panel 4 of the Hull Crematorium.
    Regards,
    Henk.