Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Awards Website

Thanks

A good recommenadation Hugh, just ordered mine. It alwys pays to have a backup and the awards from the other services are a bonus.
    Regards
    Dave Wallace

Thanks

Default Canadian Awards Website

I am perhaps announcing this a tad on the early side, but I have been given a means to edit/revise/update/expand entries on the Canadian awards website. Unhappily it is a slow process. Access to revisions is also a rather cumbersome process - what I describe as a steam-powered mousetrap.

If you visit the main RCAF site (http://airforce.ca/honours-awards/military-honours-awards-1914-1945-files/rcaf-personnel-1939-1949/) you will find little has changed. However, if you go to the Air Force Association of Canada website (awards portion) you can access revisions thusly:

Click on SEARCH TOOLS

Enter a name you seek AND check off the appropriate group (at this tiime, RCAF awards)
    and you will find the newer revisions.

I have, to date, revised only about two percent of the Second World War RCAF entries (I estimate about 300 hours to complete the task - i.e. several months) and so far the revisions have not run past the name "Ashlin". Some revisions are quite minor - but for an idea of what I hope to achieve, compare the old entry for William Franklin ASH (as found via http://airforce.ca/honours-awards/military-honours-awards-1914-1945-files/rcaf-personnel-1939-1949/ with the new entry (as found using SEARCH TOOLs). Another example (an early test in the project) would be a comparison of the old and new entries for Gordon DIAMOND.

Thanks

Default Update and Progress Report

Those who consult the RCAF awards data base (Second World War) using the "Search Tools" option can now view amendments up to the end of the "A" section and as far in "B" as "Baptiste".

Thanks

Default Updates

The RCAF awards data base (Second World War) as viewed using the "Search Tools" option has now been amended to the end of "BA" (BAYNE).

Thanks

Default Update

The RCAF awards data base (Second World War) as viewed using the "Search Tools" option has now been amended to the end of "BEIRNES, Jack Rife".

Thanks

The RCAF awards data base (Second World War) as viewed using the "Search Tools" option has now been amended to the end of "BE" (BEZER).

Thanks

The RCAF awards data base (Second World War) as viewed using the "Search Tools" option has now been amended to the end of "BI" (BITZ).

Thanks

The RCAF awards data base (Second World War) as viewed using the "Search Tools" option has now been amended to "BODNOFF". Persons comparing entries between this option and the (so-far unamended) main Air Force Association website may find that most changes have been relatively minor (perhaps no more than a few expanded details of postings within Canada) but some are quite extensive.

Thanks

The RCAF awards data base (Second World War) as viewed using the "Search Tools" option has now been amended to "BONAR" (not exactly dramatic progress, I fear).

Thanks

The RCAF awards data base (Second World War) as viewed using the "Search Tools" option has now been amended to "BOYNTON, Benjamin Douglas."