Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Awards Website

Thanks

Comprehensive revisions accessed via "Search Tools" option now extend to HUME, Conrad Murray - roughly 43 percent of the data base.

To access these revisions proceed as follows:

Visit the main Air Force Association website (http://airforce.ca/honours-awards/military-honours-awards-1914-1945-files/rcaf-personnel-1939-1949/).

Click on SEARCH TOOLS

Enter a name you seek AND check off the appropriate group (at this tiime, RCAF awards).

Thanks

Another 77 records upgraded, bringing revisions to INVERARITY, William. Will be slowing down this week (watching house renovations).

Thanks

Comprehensive revisions have now been extended to JOHNSTON, Bruce. "Backfilling" (revisions and updating of material already revised and updated) continues.

Thanks

Comprehensive revisions have now been extended to KELLEY, William James. Backfilling continues. Roughly 45 percent of entries have now been overhauled.

Thanks

Comprehensive revisions have now extended to KINNEAR, Samuel (83 records since previous post). This process will halt until late October, when I return from extended travels in Western Canada.
    Last edited by HughAHalliday; 4th October 2011 at 02:48.

Thanks

Comprehensive revisions have now extended to LANE, Thomas Henry (150 records since previous post). Dare I hope that 50 percent of RCAF entriies have now been upgraded (including backfilling of earlier revisions).

Thanks

Comprehensive revisions have now gone to LEGAULT, F/O Joseph Emile Eugene. We are now definitely past the 50 percent mark. As Jack Trumper used to say, "We have got him by the tail and it is a downhill pull from here." Backfilling with material for entries prior to "Legault" continues.

Thanks

A further 105 names on the RCAF wartime portion of the data base have been upgraded on the Air Force Association of Canada website, and revisions now run continuously to LOCKHART, Raymond Claude. Backfilling of previous entries continues.

I note that this thread has been visited almost 1,000 times since my previous report in late November. May I appeal to those who frequent the site for some assistance ? If an entry does NOT record a person being deceased, but you know that an individual has indeed passed away, would you kindly inform me of their passing (date and place as a minimum). If you can also provide a reference proving such decease (i.e. an obituary notice, geneological website notice, etc) it will be even more helpful. The barest information will enable me to update the data base entries, and the proof-of-death evidence may enable me to examine their service files for additional details.

The most expeditious way would be to contact me directly (halliday@bell.net).
    Last edited by HughAHalliday; 22nd December 2011 at 22:59.

Thanks

Comprehensive revisions slowed - only about 60 names advanced in the past month. Now done to LUKE, Claud Edward.

Thanks

Updates done to MACKAY. William (note, updates of "Mac" names but not "Mc" names.). Backfilling of previous entries continues.