Thread: Advanced W/T Course

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Advanced W/T Course

G'day again (-:

I'm researching information for a military policeman here at 22 Wing, North Bay.

J46993 P/O Alan Neilson Laired arrived in England and was processed at No. 5 P.R.C. He was sent on an Advanced W/T (Pre-OTU) Course. It started on the 18th of April 1945 and ended on the 5th of June 1945. He was on Course No. 465 and upon graduation posted to No. 5 Air Crew Holding Unit (No. 5 A.C.H.U.).

During his course he did 56 H/F/ D/F Bearings and 72 D/F Loop Bearings as well as 11 M/F D/F bearings on aircraft at this unit.

If anyone is interested, I can post the complete course syallabus.

Do you have any idea where he could have done this course and where was No. 5 A.C.H.U. at that time?

And lastly, I'm hoping for a miracle in the way of a course photo.

Thanks for any responses.

Cheers...Chris

Thanks

Hi Chris
    According to Sturtivant-Flying Training and Support Units since 1912. No 5 ACHU was at Calverley, in Cheshire about 3 mls S E of a town called Tarporley and about 5 mls NW of Nantwich. It is ,from Google maps, along the main railway line to the NW of the junction of Crewe. Your man must have been one of the first as Sturtivant has it as opening on 14/6/45
    Regards
    Dick

Thanks

Default Thanks

G'day Dick

Thanks for you response. As I mentioned in another post, I've been having some real problems with my computer.

Cheers...Chris