Default Unaccounted airmen - 31-12-1941

What were the places of death registration for:

A - Died on active service:
    AC2 James H. NICHOLSON - 1146465.

B - Not found Flight archives:
    LAC Frederick COLES - 632552, and
    AC1 Clifford WRIGHT - 110525.

Proposed aircraft loss for this day:
    Gladiator II - N5642 - FF Shetlands - crashed in forced landing Samphrey Island, Shetlands.

Regards and thanks for your help (ON ALL MY QUESTIONS RE UNACCOUNTED AIRWOMEN AND AIRMEN FOR THE YEAR 1941).

Henk.

Thanks

All on the 1942 Q1 register
    A - Died on active service:
    AC2 James H. NICHOLSON - Age 20, Oxford district.

B - Not found Flight archives:
    LAC Frederick COLES - age 20, "Frederick C Coles" registered in Hendon District, Middlesex
    AC1 Clifford WRIGHT - age 22. Hull District, Yorkshire East Riding

I can't help with the Flight archives, I can't find them with any of my normal short cuts.

Wow, only 4 or 5 more years to go!!

Glad to have been of help with this year.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Thanks Dennis for all your help. Allow me to knock on your door more often for the year 1942.
    Regards,
    Henk.

Thanks

It seems some how that I have managed to make a full sweep over the 1941 threads also, not sure when I got this done but its done. Thats 1941 and 1942 both revisited.

http://www.skynet.ie/~dan/war/henksthreads.html

More recent 1943 links are not yet updated and the early links are in a bit of a tatters. Found it difficult to extract early threads from old database.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Well done Dennis and many thanks for all your effort put in researching these airmen. Still have many black spots for the early war years 1939 and 1940, mainly on the places of death registration, but first of all will continue with 1943.
    Regards,
    Hemk.

Thanks

Hello

AC1 Clifford WRIGHT - 110525 - the Hull Daily Mail of January 1st 1942 reported the following:

AIRCRAFTMAN'S DEATH
    A verdict that he died by his own act while the balance of his mind was disturbed was returned at an inquest held yesterday by the Hull City Coroner (Dr. N. Jennings) on Aircraftman Clifford Wright (22), who was found gassed at the home of his brother, Chino Terrace, Swann Street, yesterday morning.
    Mona Wright, 19, wife of the deceased, said she was married to him in June of last year. Witness went to live at the home of her husband's father, near Doncaster, and it was her husband's suggestion that she returned to Hull. He wanted her to go to live near the depot where he was stationed, but she refused, and she went to live at her aunt's house.
    On one occasion he visited her at her aunt's house and found there two airmen who were visting her aunt. He asserted that the two men were visiting her, and they quarrelled and he assaulted her. On every occasion they had met since they quarrelled, and deceased threatened more than once to take his own life.
    On Tuesday evening he visited her and asked her if she had changed her mind about going to live near his depot, and she said "No." She said she would see him in the morning, and he said "You won't see me again." She did not place any reliance on his words, as he had so oftern threatened to harm himself.

Regards

Simon