Thread: Wing Commander Terence Kane No 234 Squadron

Thanks

Default Wing Commander Terence Kane No 234 Squadron

P/O Terence M.Kane of No 234 Squadron was made a P.O.W. on the 23rd of September 1940 he crashed his Spitfire I (R6896) off the coast of France at 11:00hrs after shooting down a Bf 109.

This request is from a fellow on the BoB forum. Can anyone help with the squadron code, AZ-?
    David

Thanks

Hi,
    I was involved in a bit of fund raising for the Monument a few years ago. One of the things we did was to get an artist to draw pictures of some of the aircrew with their aircraft. In order to be as accurate as possible I wrote to all the aircrew involved requesting details from their log books (If they had them).
    I have just checked the reply I recieved from Terence Kane and he states that he flew whatever aircraft was available at the time, however if available he liked to use 'K'.
    Hope this helps.
    Gerry

Thanks

Thanks Gerry, that's pretty reliable info I should think!

Can anyone else tell me if the loss card would have the code letters? The squadron ORB is another possibility I guess, if they recorded it.
    David

Thanks

Hi Dave,
    Just spoken to Wing Commander Kane to see if he has the accurate details to hand. Unfortunately he doesn't but has told me that he had a painting commissioned some years ago of the aircraft and will get the details from that and let me know in a fortnight or so.
    Gerry

Thanks

Thanks Gerry, I will pass that message along to the person asking.
    David