Thread: Pedersen - 33 and 94 Squadrons

Thanks

Default Pedersen - 33 and 94 Squadrons

Danish pilot Kjeld C. J. Pedersen volunteers for the Royal Air Force and is in service until the end of the war, cf.
    http://www.danishww2pilots.dk/profiles.php?alpha=p&id=69

From 6 December 1942 to 28 January 1944 he is posted to No. 33 Squadron and No. 94 Squadron in North Africa flying Hawker Hurricanes.

Anyone with information on or access to the ORB of these two Squadron, who could qualify at which point in time he transfers from the one to the other ?

Regards

Mikkel Plannthin
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War

Thanks

Default Pedersen - 33 and 94 Squadrons

Hello Mikkel,

Kjeld Pedersen volunteered for the Royal Air Force and following training in RAF methods, joined 33 Squadron at Benina, North Africa, on December 6, 1942, then moved to 94 Squadron at Savoia on July 28, 1943. By late August he was F/Lt and A Flight Commander, but on December 14, was admitted to hospital with infective hepatitis. Posted away from 94 squadron on January 28, 1944 and sent back to UK.

Regards,

Ian

Thanks

Ian
    Excellent! Thank you for providing this information. Might I ask your source to such specific information on F/L Pedersen?

Regards

Mikkel Plannthin
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War

Thanks

Default Pedersen

Hi Mikkel,

I am in the middle of compiling a history of 94 sqdn and took most details from the info gathered. I think the data on 33 sqdn came from the web link you quote in your original message.

If you have any information or photos relating to his time in North Africa I would be interested in details.

Regards,

Ian

Thanks

The website originally quoted is my own. The information about No. 33 and 94 Squadron origins from a book by Paul E. Ancker on the history of the Danish military air forces.

Kjeld Pedersen wrote an article in the Danish journal "Flyvehistorisk Tidsskrift" (= Journal of Aviation History) in 1983. In 7 pages he tells about his experiences from the epic flight with fellow pilot Thomas Sneum in the D.H. Hornet to the end of the war.

It it not clear if the episodes takes place in No. 33 or No. 94 Squadron. He refers to a "Sandy" Kallio and a "Chips" Carpenter. I have found a few references to these pilots, but they seem to be 92 Squadron.

Regards
    Mikkel Plannthin

Thanks

Default Pedersen

"Sandy" Kallio and a "Chips" Carpenter are not names I have come across in my research of 94 sqdn.

I could read through the article mentioned, but being in Danish (?) I would struggle to make sense of it !!

Regards,

Ian