Thread: Malvern College, Toronto, Canada

Thanks

Default Malvern College, Toronto, Canada

I wish to take this opportunity to wish Bon Voyage to all those Malvern College, Toronto, teenagers who are about to embark on a pilgrimage to the Canadian War Cemetery close to the Invasion Beaches of Northern France. I am most conscious of the many months of preparation that has been carried out to achieve this goal especialy by one of the youngsters father, David Fuller who has spent countless hours researching those Canadians from Malvern College who made the Supreme Sacrifice in WWII. We must never forget them.

Norman
    Last edited by namrondooh; 6th March 2009 at 15:07.

Thanks

Default Malvern Collegiate Institute trip to Beny-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery

Let me take this opportunity to say how modest Norman is being with his kind message. I have learned a great deal about one of the three men who will be honored in the ceremony, RCAF Sgt. Morris Murray, a 76 Sqn navigator along with Normans' father, thanks to his generous assistance both on and offline.

I am writing up an acknowledgment for the school's archives which credits him and all of you at RAFC for your assistance with this part of my ongoing project.

The students will be at Beny-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery -- just a few kilometers from where Murray's Halifax LW638 "MP-W" crashed on June 6, 1944 -- next week to read scripted "first-person" accounts from three men and one woman who went to their school. Following the memorial, they will visit the D-Day Museum and Imax Theatre at Arromanches.

Thanks again to all of you for assisting me to help the fallen "tell their own story" to these young people.
    Last edited by dfuller52; 6th March 2009 at 20:30. Reason: added date
    David