Thread: 1453762 Sgt John THOMPSON (W. Op.Air Gnr)

Thanks

Default 1453762 Sgt John THOMPSON (W. Op.Air Gnr)

Seeking information that would help me contact family of 1453762 Sgt John THOMPSON RAF VR, (W. Op Air Gnr.) 76 Sqdn. Died 3rd June 1944, aged 20 while on ops over Northern France. Son of John William and Doris Thompson, of Asselby, Yorkshire. Buried in Bretigny-Sur-Orge Communal Cemetery France. His name appears on the Asselby War Memorial. Should anyone have further information on this man or suggestions that could help me trace his family I would be very grateful. Thank you

Norman
    Last edited by namrondooh; 13th March 2009 at 18:46.

Thanks

Norman
    Re Thompson. As with Ferguson -letter to local Selby newspapers ,a letter to the Asselby village pub ?[google wikipedia Asselby ]
    Someone there or amongst the pub regulars may remember the family ?

Re: Teasdale. Try www.bt.com for Teasdales living near Bedlington, eg Ashington or letters to local newspapers, local shops ,pubs etc

It should be easier to find someone who knew them if the family lived in a village rather than a town -but not always easier !

Anne

Thanks

Hello Norman,
    It has been a long time since you posted and I realise you may have had your question answered.
    John was my husband's uncle. What would you like to know?
    Regards,
    Dot Thompson

Thanks

Dot, Hi,
    Welcome to the Forum.
    Regret to tell you that Norman "flew through the storms into the sunset" a few years ago (treat any emails these days - and there are some - from "namrondooh" as highly suspect!).
    There may be others who continued his quest, but until they see yr post (and respond!) you will not know.
    HTH
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!