Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F/Lt Reginald Arthur Miller (123201) 26th April 1945

Thanks

Default F/Lt Reginald Arthur Miller (123201) 26th April 1945

Hello all,

does anyone have a unit and cause of death for this airman? He died on the 26th April 1945 and is buried in Klagentfurt War Cemetery.

Cheers, Tom

Thanks

Hello Tom,

If it can help : According to the London Gazette Reginald Miller was in 604 Squadron when he was published in the London Gazette for a Bar to his DFC at the end of October 1944.
    Best regards.

Bruno
    Bruno LECAPLAIN
    Raf WWII 38 Group Squadrons Reunited <www.raf38group.org>
    Stirling Aircraft Society <stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org>

Thanks

My info says Mosquito FB.IV RS579 of the Night Fighter Development Wing, shot down by flak over Austria on 26/27 April 1945. (Didn't keep a record of where I got the info, sorry).

Thanks

Hi Gents,

There is a lengthy entry on Miller In Aces High/Shores. pp.444-5, plus a mention of his service numbers in Aces High Vol.2 p.141.

No aircraft serial or navigator mentioned for final trip.

Col.

Thanks

Thanks gents, that does fit. Yes, he did indeed get his bar with 604 Squadron and if i remember correctly his DFC with 89 Squadron flying Beaufighters in the Med. He had a number of claims, but because of the lack of unit on CWGC i presumed he had finished his tour with 604 Squadron at the time of his death. Mark's info does fit in well.

Col, would you mind scanning Shores page on him and emailing it to me? It'll be interesting to see what he has. He force landed an aircraft while undergoing training at 11 FTS in October 1940.

Cheers, Tom

Thanks

Hello Tom,

Afraid no scanner, and very little opportunity to get to one.

Shores' brushes over 'Dusty' Miller's early career with the following:-

'Dusty' Miller of Sully, Glamorgan, trained as a night fighter pilot in 1941, being posted out to the Middle East as a Sergeant, where he joined 89 Squadron.

Not an 11 FTS in sight. In AH2, his service numbers are quoted as; 928613 (NCO); 123201 (Officer). That is the extent of the entry.

To tantalize; Miller was aboard the 'Laconia', with several other night fighter crews, when she was torpedoed on 12-9-42 (by U-156). After several days in a lifeboat, he was picked up by a Vichy French cruiser and was interned in North Africa.

Best wishes,
    Col.

Thanks

Tom,

According to the RAF Overseas War Deaths 1939-1948 Miller's unit is 604 Squadron.

Although 604 Sqn was disbanded 18-4-1945.

Mark

Thanks

According to his gravestone and the list of the Klagenfurt war cemetery his name was: F/Lt. MILLER, Reginald Alfred - DFC, Service Number: 123201, Pilot od RAFVR, rest in grave: 5. F. 2. - KIA April 26th, 1945 somewhere over Austrian territory. I am looking forward to find out more about this man. So I hope that somebody is still interested in this thread. Thanks alot for any new information. Regards, Kurtl

Thanks

Hi
    Who navigator Mosquito RS579 FB.IV (pilot F/Lt Reginald Arthur Miller) of the Night Fighter Development Wing, shot down by flak over Austria on 26/27 April 1945.?
    Navigator POW?
    Kind Regard Pavel

Thanks

Default Reginald Miller/Family History

Quote Originally Posted by 68 Sqn View Post
    Hi
    Who navigator Mosquito RS579 FB.IV (pilot F/Lt Reginald Arthur Miller) of the Night Fighter Development Wing, shot down by flak over Austria on 26/27 April 1945.?
    Navigator POW?
    Kind Regard Pavel
    I am coming into this conversation kind of late, but just started to research some family history and I believe that Reginald A. Miller was my Dad's cousin. I inherited a photo of Miller in his RAF uniform and had heard some family stories about him, but was excited to see these postings. I need to confirm this, but I believe his middle name was Alfred and not Arthur. Alfred is what is listed with the CWGC. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can confirm that my father's cousin is the same person as the Reginald Alfred Miller buried at Klagenfurt? All I have is birth certificate information, the photo and no family left that I am aware of who can give me more info.

S. Pratt